Author Topic: Denver Archbishop: Election About ‘Seriousness of Abortion’  (Read 164 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Thomas D. Williams, Ph.D. 29 Aug 2020

Denver Archbishop Samuel Aquila said Friday that every Catholic has the responsibility to be faithful to the Gospel of Life and oppose abortion.

The archbishop tweeted out a meme contrasting the two Catholic nuns who spoke at recent national conventions, one in support of life and the other insisting that abortion is above her “pay grade.” The meme “speaks for itself,” the archbishop said.

In her invocation at the Democratic National Convention, Sister Simone Campbell, the leader of Nuns on a Bus, described her vision for America as one “that ends structural racism, bigotry and sexism so rife now in our nation and in our history,” a vision “that ensures hungry people are fed, children are nourished, immigrants are welcomed.”

When pressed this month on the issue of abortion, however, Sister Campbell refused to take a stand on the morality of abortion, saying, “It is above my pay grade.”

In her intervention at the Republican National Convention, Sister Dede Byrne — a medical doctor and retired army officer — made the pro-life message the centerpiece of her entire address.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/08/29/denver-archbishop-election-about-seriousness-abortion/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Boston Cardinal Says Catholic Priests Must Be ‘Unequivocally’ Pro-Life

Thomas D. Williams, Ph.D. 29 Aug 2020

Boston Cardinal Sean O’Malley issued a statement reiterating the Catholic Church’s position on abortion after one of his priests came out as pro-choice on Facebook this week.

“I am pro-life and I believe in a woman’s right to choose,” wrote Msgr. Paul Garrity, pastor of the parish of the Sacred Heart in Lexington, Massachusetts, in an August 23 Facebook post. “I will vote for Joe Biden for President because I believe that Joe Biden is Pro-life like me.”

In his statement, O’Malley said that the Catholic community “has the right to expect the priests of the Archdiocese and those entrusted with handing on the faith to be clear and unequivocal on the Church’s teaching concerning respect and protection for life from the first moment of conception to natural death.”

“This teaching is of the highest priority for the Church,” he added.

Some hours after the cardinal released his statement, Garrity issued an apology on his Facebook page.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/29/boston-cardinal-says-catholic-priests-must-be-unequivocally-pro-life/#
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 06:00:16 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
“I am pro-life and I believe in a woman’s right to choose,” wrote Msgr. Paul Garrity, pastor of the parish of the Sacred Heart in Lexington, Massachusetts, in an August 23 Facebook post. “I will vote for Joe Biden for President because I believe that Joe Biden is Pro-life like me.”

That just makes me sick to my stomach.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
That just makes me sick to my stomach.

I know...he should be kicked out of the priesthood..
Support the USO