Author Topic: Forecasters eye two developing systems in the Atlantic: Nana, Omar could be next up on the heels of  (Read 286 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
USA Today by Doyle Rice and Kimberly Miller 8/28/2020

Forecasters eye two developing systems in the Atlantic: Nana, Omar could be next up on the heels of Hurricane Laura

•   The National Hurricane Center has identified two areas for potential tropical development.

•   The next two names on the storm list are Nana and Omar.

•   Peak hurricane season lasts from about Aug. 20 through early October.

Hello Nana and Omar?

Although the remnants of Hurricane Laura are still drenching parts of the eastern U.S. Friday, there are already concerns about more storms stirring in the Atlantic Ocean.

The National Hurricane Center has identified two areas for potential tropical development, one in the central Atlantic, the other in the eastern Atlantic.

Both have a 30% chance of development within the next five days. For the one in the central Atlantic, the hurricane center said that "some gradual development of this system is possible during the next several days while it moves westward at about 15 mph toward the eastern Caribbean islands."

For the other one, in the eastern Atlantic near the Cabo Verde Islands, "some development of this system is possible early next week when it begins to move slowly westward over the eastern and central tropical Atlantic," according to the hurricane center.

More: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/08/28/after-hurricane-laura-forecasters-eye-two-tropical-waves-atlantic/5655117002/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Grandma" and "The Incestuous Terrorist from Minnesota."  Let's hope they only threaten the sea lanes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Grandma" and "The Incestuous Terrorist from Minnesota."  Let's hope they only threaten the sea lanes.

Don't mess with "Nana" she'll tan your hide!.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Don't mess with "Nana" she'll tan your hide!.   

Nah.  Just blister it a bit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I'm getting too old to dodge these dang hurricanes and I'm really hoping that these don't develop into anything significant.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️