Author Topic: Longtime Democratic lawmaker 'appalled' by comparisons between unrest and MLK's civil rights movemen  (Read 111 times)

rangerrebew

Longtime Democratic lawmaker 'appalled' by comparisons between unrest and MLK's civil rights movement
Tennessee lawmaker who made fiery speech denounces violence, riots
Marisa Schultz
By Marisa Schultz | Fox News

Manhunt underway for suspect who led assault on truck driver; reaction on 'Outnumbered.'

A Tennessee lawmaker whose family was steeped in the civil rights movement said he's "appalled" by comparisons between the peaceful protests that Martin Luther King Jr. led and the destructive demonstrations that have broken out across the nation today.

"I'm appalled when folks want to call this stuff that's happening now and compare it to the civil rights movement when there is absolutely no comparison," state Rep. John J. DeBerry, Jr., a longtime Memphis Democrat who is Black, told Fox News.

TENNESSEE DEM LAWMAKER DECRIES RESPONSE TO RIOTS IN VIRAL SPEECH: 'WHAT WE SEE IS NOT PEACEFUL'

DeBerry noted King's Christian faith that rooted his convictions and the decorum of the marchers of the civil rights movement in the 1960s.

https://goppresidential.com/2020/08/29/civil-rights-icon-refuses-to-stay-quiet-about-riots/

rangerrebew

I don't believe he understands today's "protesters," democrats, or media don't give a d*mn about MLK. :whocares:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Appalled," along with five bucks, will get you a small coffee at Starbucks.  BFD, he's still a rat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: