Author Topic: Pelosi says there shouldn't be any debates between Biden and Trump  (Read 616 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi says there shouldn't be any debates between Biden and Trump
By Justine Coleman - 08/27/20 12:16 PM EDT

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday she doesn’t think there should be any presidential debates ahead of the November election, arguing Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden shouldn't "legitimize" a discussion with President Trump.

“I don’t think that there should be any debates,” Pelosi told reporters. “I do not think that the president of the United States has comported himself in a way that anybody has any association with truth, evidence, data and facts.”

“I wouldn’t legitimize a conversation with him nor a debate in terms of the presidency of the United States,” she added.

“I think that he’ll probably act in a way that is beneath the dignity of the presidency,” she said, citing what she called his “disgraceful” actions during the 2016 debates with Hillary Clinton.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/513944-pelosi-says-there-shouldnt-be-presidential-debates-in-2020
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Pelosi says there shouldn't be any debates between Biden and Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 04:49:01 pm »
Whatcha afraid of, Miss Nancy?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 04:51:51 pm »
I knew it.  The DEMS are going to whine and come up with excuse after excuse as to why Sloe Joe can't debate. We all know why -- he's not capable, period!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 04:59:23 pm »
I knew it.  The DEMS are going to whine and come up with excuse after excuse as to why Sloe Joe can't debate. We all know why -- he's not capable, period!

They are throwing in the towel.   

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 05:13:52 pm »
The stark terror they have a a genuine side by side one on one caparison is absolutely palpable. The Gaffanator will stumble and bumble on live television guarantee a Trump landslide.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 05:18:30 pm »
The Eye Roll-Worthy Reason Pelosi Just Said There Shouldn't Be Any Presidential Debates

"I myself, just don’t tell anybody I told you this, especially don’t tell Joe Biden," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told Capitol Hill reporters on Thursday. "I don't think there should be any debates."

"I do not think that the president of the United States has comported himself in a way that anybody has associations with truth, evidence, data and facts," Pelosi said of President Trump. "I wouldn't legitimize a conversation with him."

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2020/08/27/the-eyeroll-reason-pelosi-just-said-there-shouldnt-be-any-presidential-debates-n2575167
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline AL

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 06:19:02 pm »
They are throwing in the towel.

They sure are.  They were going to give Joe soft balls anyway.  Trump needs to make a nationwide announcement, the Corona Virus hoax is over.  Business open, schools open, no masks, no distancing, no mail in votes, and next week Durham begins indictments.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 06:26:29 pm »
They are going to push harris to debate Trump

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 06:37:03 pm »
The stark terror they have a a genuine side by side one on one caparison is absolutely palpable. The Gaffanator will stumble and bumble on live television guarantee a Trump landslide.

I think a landslide is already in the offing.

Today I felt it. Tomorrow maybe I won’t, but today I did.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 08:44:58 pm »
I think a landslide is already in the offing.

Today I felt it. Tomorrow maybe I won’t, but today I did.

And the convention still has another day to run.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online berdie

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2020, 08:49:42 pm »

Given that she was given the pre-rebuttal instead of Biden...that could be. But would it be legal?

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2020, 08:54:34 pm »

Given that she was given the pre-rebuttal instead of Biden...that could be. But would it be legal?

If biden goes away it will be...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2020, 09:38:13 pm »
Perhaps ol' white Joe's handlers have already tried him out in some mock debates, and perhaps Miss Nancy has seen the results...

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2020, 09:47:03 pm »
I suspect if Trump thought he was ahead he would not want any debates either... :shrug:

Offline verga

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2020, 09:50:00 pm »
There are a fair number of things I don't like about Trump, but you do have to give him credit for being a fighter. He can brawl with the best of them and does not mind getting down in the dirt to slug it out. I could be wrong but I think that is one thing that resonates with "middle America". Like my one boss used to say; "he don't take no shit off of nobody" (Which I guess qualifies as a triple negative, making it a positive) 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2020, 09:54:03 pm »
I suspect if Trump thought he was ahead he would not want any debates either... :shrug:

I'd agree with this if Trump were a politician ... but he's not.   :laugh:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2020, 09:57:52 pm »

Trump and his team are not as stupid as you seem to think.  What's being done here shows Trump is taking nothing for granted, and not resting on laurels. "Campaign as if you are a mile behind."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2020, 10:12:49 pm »
Trump and his team are not as stupid as you seem to think.  ......"

Not to worry I'd never underestimate the stupidity of Trump and his team... :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2020, 10:26:10 pm »
Not to worry I'd never underestimate the stupidity of Trump and his team... :shrug:

Fine by me.  I never underestimate the stupidity of anybody.
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2020, 10:49:51 pm »

One day someone will write a book about how someone so utterly dumb managed to amass a fortune and who's first try at politics won him the White House.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 10:50:46 pm by skeeter »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2020, 10:54:30 pm »
One day someone will write a book about how someone so utterly dumb managed to amass a fortune and who's first try at politics won him the White House.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2020, 10:59:01 pm »

Yeah...probably will be titled "The Orange Haired Anti-Christ"... :shrug:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2020, 11:09:34 pm »
Exactly what I was thinking.
The Dems would not object to a Trump/Kamala debate.
At least she can count to 10 and say ABCs in a single take, unlike her grandfather.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2020, 12:00:59 am »
Exactly what I was thinking.
The Dems would not object to a Trump/Kamala debate.
At least she can count to 10 and say ABCs in a single take, unlike her grandfather.
The struggle Trump would have is to not come off as a bully...

All she would have to do is drop a few tears and it would be all over...