Author Topic: In Kenosha, The Seeds of Civil War  (Read 151 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
In Kenosha, The Seeds of Civil War
« on: August 27, 2020, 03:51:38 pm »
https://spectator.org/kenosha-riots-kyle-rittenhouse/

In Kenosha, The Seeds of Civil War
Antifa rioters reap a bitter harvest in a once-placid Wisconsin town.

by Scott McKay
August 27, 2020

Excerpt:
======
By Tuesday night, armed groups of volunteers, who could be defined as militia or perhaps vigilantes, had congregated in Kenosha with a mission to protect those businesses surviving the first two nights of violence. One of them appeared to be a libertarian group whose message to the Antifa and Black Lives Matter “mostly peaceful” rioters was that if they wanted to torch government buildings or fight the police, they were indifferent; looting and burning private property, however, was not acceptable.

Included in that group was a 17-year-old from Antioch, Illinois, just on the other side of the border named Kyle Rittenhouse, who reports say is the son of a local policeman. Earlier Tuesday Rittenhouse had joined volunteers in washing graffiti off the outer walls of the main building at a high school in Kenosha. How he ended up holding a long gun with much older adults in that militia group Tuesday night is unclear.

It’s also unclear how Rittenhouse got separated from the group. What is known is as the group massed to defend a gas station from a gaggle of Antifa/BLM types who grew increasingly hostile, elements of the Antifa side made their way to a nearby car lot where they attempted to set vehicles aflame and took baseball bats to windshields in an attempt at wholesale destruction of private property.

Not long after that, as visible from video collected at the scene, Rittenhouse was being chased by an individual, described as a 36-year-old from Kenosha, who threw something at him. Reports had it the object was a Molotov cocktail; if that’s true, it either wasn’t lit or didn’t ignite. Rittenhouse turned and shot the individual, who collapsed to the ground with a bullet to the head and expired shortly thereafter.
I think the genie is out of the bottle. I think Kenosha showed us a glimpse of it. And I think unless the political class in states like Wisconsin, Oregon, Washington, New York, Minnesota, and elsewhere finally wakes up, the sad fact is it could well require thousands or even millions of Kyle Rittenhouses to put out the fires raging along Lake Michigan and elsewhere.

More at URL above...

Offline DB

Re: In Kenosha, The Seeds of Civil War
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 04:23:58 pm »
Good article and comments.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 04:53:54 pm »
Not long after that, as visible from video collected at the scene, Rittenhouse was being chased by an individual, described as a 36-year-old from Kenosha, who threw something at him. Reports had it the object was a Molotov cocktail; if that’s true, it either wasn’t lit or didn’t ignite. Rittenhouse turned and shot the individual, who collapsed to the ground with a bullet to the head and expired shortly thereafter.

@Fishrrman

As I am sure most of you know that is NOT what happened.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 04:59:46 pm »
@Fishrrman

As I am sure most of you know that is NOT what happened.

What did happen?