Author Topic: CDC no longer recommends COVID-19 testing if you don’t show symptoms  (Read 276 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
CDC no longer recommends COVID-19 testing if you don’t show symptoms

You no longer have to get tested for the coronavirus if you come in contact with someone who has tested positive and then don’t show any symptoms yourself. The CDC changed its guidelines and no longer recommends it. Epidemiologists took to social media against this new CDC recommendation.

Admiral Brett Giroir, the assistant secretary for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Servcices spoke during a 30-minute conference call with reporters Wednesday following the CDC changes. He said, if health experts actually read the new guidelines, there should be no confusion.

“Testing asymptomatic, not-exposed people should be limited to those situations as recommended by public health experts,” Giroir said.

But that’s not what the new guideline says. It says, if you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 and you’re not showing symptoms, you may not need a test.

Epidemiologists took to Twitter to express their anger.

Leanna Wen tweeted, “This makes no sense. People without transmissions account for up to 50% of transmissions.”

Allison Galvoni tweeted, “This change will kill.”

“I think people read into it what they want to read into it,” Giroir said. “We’re trying to get appropriate testing, not less testing.”....

https://www.winknews.com/2020/08/26/cdc-no-longer-recommends-covid-19-testing-if-you-dont-show-symptoms/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online rustynail

Will this be walked back by tomorrow? (yes)