Author Topic: Department of Justice Requesting Data From Governors of States that Issued COVID-19 Orders that May  (Read 553 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Department of Justice

Office of Public Affairs

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Department of Justice Requesting Data From Governors of States that Issued COVID-19 Orders that May Have Resulted in Deaths of Elderly Nursing Home Residents
Data will help inform whether the Department of Justice will initiate investigations under the Civil Rights of Institutionalized Persons Act (CRIPA) regarding New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Michigan’s response to COVID-19 in public nursing homes

Today the Justice Department requested COVID-19 data from the governors of states that issued orders which may have resulted in the deaths of thousands of elderly nursing home residents. New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Michigan required nursing homes to admit COVID-19 patients to their vulnerable populations, often without adequate testing.

For example, on March 25, 2020, New York ordered: “No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to [a nursing home] solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. [Nursing homes] are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to admission or readmission.”

“Protecting the rights of some of society’s most vulnerable members, including elderly nursing home residents, is one of our country’s most important obligations,” said Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights Division Eric Dreiband. “We must ensure they are adequately cared for with dignity and respect and not unnecessarily put at risk.”

more
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/department-justice-requesting-data-governors-states-issued-covid-19-orders-may-have-resulted

Hmmm  :pondering:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

What is the end goal?  Toss governors/mayors in jail or just bragging rights?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Praying Medic
@prayingmedic
·
39s
Paging Governors Cuomo, Whitmer, Newsom, Murphy, Wolf...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Janice Dean
@JaniceDean
·
10m
Oh my goodness. I’m in tears.

Her inlaws died in the nursing home both suffering from covid19
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stephen L. Miller
@redsteeze
·
3m
Time for another Cuomo Brothers smothering act.
Support the USO

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Certainly sounds good on the surface ... but so far the DOJ has made a few announcements here and there that people will start to be held accountable, yet as usual, no one has been held accountable.  We shall see what happens, if anything.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline skeeter

Praying Medic
@prayingmedic
·
39s
Paging Governors Cuomo, Whitmer, Newsom, Murphy, Wolf...

*insert sound of gubernatorial sphincters tightening*

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Certainly sounds good on the surface ... but so far the DOJ has made a few announcements here and there that people will start to be held accountable, yet as usual, no one has been held accountable.  We shall see what happens, if anything.

I know, not getting my hopes up with this news.
Support the USO