Author Topic: Be fearless, take the tough jobs and mentor others: Army leaders offer insights to fellow female sol  (Read 200 times)

rangerrebew

Be fearless, take the tough jobs and mentor others: Army leaders offer insights to fellow female soldiers
Diana Stancy Correll

Command Sgt. Maj. Lynice Thorpe-Noel remembers losing her “academic focus and passion” as a college student 30 years ago. She knew she needed to chart a new career path.

“I decided I wasn’t going back to college — and my plan was unknown to my parents — so I knew I had to come up with something very quickly, and fast, and in a hurry,” Thorpe-Noel said. “And so what I did is, within a couple of weeks, I was on my way to basic training.”

Thorpe-Noel was one of four female leaders who took part Monday in “A Discussion with Army Women,” a virtual event sponsored by the Association of the United States Army.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2020/08/25/be-fearless-take-the-tough-jobs-and-mentor-others-army-leaders-offer-insights-to-fellow-female-soldiers/