Author Topic: U.S. schools to make sweeping curriculum changes after 81% of teachers surveyed support BLM  (Read 1031 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
U.S. schools to make sweeping curriculum changes after 81% of teachers surveyed support BLM
August 24, 2020 | Jon Dougherty

Public school teachers across the country are planning to add in more black history following a summer of protests and violence in the wake of the George Floyd incident.

As students prepare to return to classes, virtually and in-person, educators are increasingly demanding new teaching materials and the development of new curriculum aimed at providing black students with a better understanding of their ancestors’ American experiences, the Daily Mail reported Monday.

The new demands come following a June survey by the EdWeek Research Center which claimed that 81 percent of teachers who responded support the Black Lives Matter movement.

“We can’t control what happens with the police, but we can control what happens in our school systems,” Michael McFarland, head of the National Alliance of Black School Educators and a superintendent of the Crowley Independent School District in Texas, said.

The Daily Mail notes that interviews with education officials, teachers, publishers, and others, students returning from summer break will be inundated with additional materials on black history and experiences.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/08/24/u-s-schools-to-make-sweeping-curriculum-changes-after-81-of-teachers-surveyed-support-blm-964228
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
U.S. schools to make sweeping curriculum changes after 81% of teachers surveyed support BLM
August 24, 2020 | Jon Dougherty

Public school teachers across the country are planning to add in more black history following a summer of protests and violence in the wake of the George Floyd incident.

As students prepare to return to classes, virtually and in-person, educators are increasingly demanding new teaching materials and the development of new curriculum aimed at providing black students with a better understanding of their ancestors’ American experiences, the Daily Mail reported Monday.

The new demands come following a June survey by the EdWeek Research Center which claimed that 81 percent of teachers who responded support the Black Lives Matter movement.

“We can’t control what happens with the police, but we can control what happens in our school systems,” Michael McFarland, head of the National Alliance of Black School Educators and a superintendent of the Crowley Independent School District in Texas, said.

The Daily Mail notes that interviews with education officials, teachers, publishers, and others, students returning from summer break will be inundated with additional materials on black history and experiences.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/08/24/u-s-schools-to-make-sweeping-curriculum-changes-after-81-of-teachers-surveyed-support-blm-964228
So, 81% of the teachers are either ignorant or Marxists.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Smokin' Joe speculates:
"So, 81% of the teachers are either ignorant or Marxists..."

I'll take "Marxists" for $200, Alex...

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And while I see Trump's point, this is why I'm for keeping schools online.
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"U.S. schools to make sweeping curriculum changes after 81% of teachers surveyed support BLM"

I read no further before posting this observation. Absolutely no need to.

U.S. schools DO NOT need to make "curriculum changes". At least not the ones they have in mind.

"Sweeping" changes are needed, yes.
But what needs to be "changed" are the TEACHERS and ADMINISTRATORS operating (and indoctrinating) in these schools...

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
And while I see Trump's point, this is why I'm for keeping schools online.

I absolutely agree with you.  Our kids do not need further liberal brainwashing!  It's not just the liberals either, Jeb! was instrumental in Common Core which was nothing more than an indoctrination program for students to accept different cultures; including Islam/Sharia.  Our kids would be better left educated at home so that the parents can monitor what they heck they are learning on a daily basis.

What needs to happen is the U.S. Sec'y of Education (a new one is needed) taking action to set up some Federal CONSERVATIVE guidelines.  Something needs to be done -- it is the liberal educational system that is destroying this country!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"U.S. schools to make sweeping curriculum changes after 81% of teachers surveyed support BLM"

I read no further before posting this observation. Absolutely no need to.

U.S. schools DO NOT need to make "curriculum changes". At least not the ones they have in mind.

"Sweeping" changes are needed, yes.
But what needs to be "changed" are the TEACHERS and ADMINISTRATORS operating (and indoctrinating) in these schools...
81%, anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis