Author Topic: What The Ultimate Submarine Could Look Like In 20 Years  (Read 363 times)

rangerrebew

What The Ultimate Submarine Could Look Like In 20 Years
« on: August 24, 2020, 10:03:10 am »
Aug 14, 2020,07:50am EDT
What The Ultimate Submarine Could Look Like In 20 Years

H I SuttonContributor

The U.S. Navy’s Virginia Class fast attack submarines are ruthlessly efficient war machines, the apex predators of the deep. Yet their general appearance and many aspects of their design have a direct lineage back to the 1950s. The same can be said of British and Russian subs. However, a range of new technologies could allow radically different submarines in the future.

It will be for naval architects to see how the new technologies, such as AI, automation and quantum ...
  • H I Sutton

The U.S. Navy wants its next submarine, the SSN(X), to be bigger and faster than the current Virginia Class boats. The Royal Navy’s SSN(R) and Chinese Navy’s Type-095 Class boats will likely follow generally similar thinking. So what are the trends and technologies which could revolutionize the next generation of submarine?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hisutton/2020/08/14/what-the-ultimate-submarine-could-look-like-in-20-years/#457baaef4705

Offline rustynail

Re: What The Ultimate Submarine Could Look Like In 20 Years
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 10:42:10 am »
The article did not address diversity.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 10:34:05 pm »

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 11:20:40 pm »

I've got the whole series on DVD...