Author Topic: Biden to ABC's David Muir: 'I would shut [country] down' to prevent spread of COVID-19 if scientists  (Read 978 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden to ABC's David Muir: 'I would shut [country] down' to prevent spread of COVID-19 if scientists recommended
Biden, Harris' first joint interview airs Sunday at 8 p.m. ET on ABC
By
John Verhovek
August 21, 2020, 4:50 PM

Former Vice President Joe Biden said in an exclusive interview with ABC "World News Tonight" Anchor David Muir on Friday that as president, he would shut the country down to stop the spread of COVID-19 if the move was recommended to him by scientists.

“I would shut it down; I would listen to the scientists,” Biden told Muir Friday, alongside his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., during their first joint interview since officially becoming the Democratic Party’s presidential and vice presidential nominees.

Biden also criticized what he argued is the “fundamental flaw” of the Trump administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, that the nation cannot begin to recover economically until the virus and public health emergency is under control.

more
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-abcs-david-muir-shut-country-prevent-spread/story?id=72519690&fbclid=IwAR3GC8o7uMU3l5muUpVOwK4DxzYsR_gVsbw7Q_KykSjh5ScnBd3JT6nGxQE
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline The_Reader_David

Hardly surprising.  Biden signs on to the short-sighted folly of regarding the prevention of infection with and death from COVID-19 as the only human good.  Just ignore the excess cancer deaths cause by shuttering surgical ward for "elective surgeries", excess suicides caused by lockdown, excess heart-attack deaths caused by reluctance to go to the doctor for anything that doesn't seem like COVID symptons, the children given yet more substandard education (even by America's already substandards), small businesses destroyed, livelihoods lost because the small business that used to employ you went belly up,... just so long as the politician can be seen to be preventing cases and deaths from COVID-19, it's all good.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline skeeter

Of course he would. Right now they can only close a few blue states - wait till they run the whole shootin’ match.

Offline EdinVA

Keep running your mouth joey.... you are doing fine....

Offline Hoodat

Biden also criticized what he argued is the “fundamental flaw” of the Trump administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, that the nation cannot begin to recover economically until the virus and public health emergency is under control.

At no time during this entire fiasco have the virus and public health emergency not been under control.  No hospital was ever overwhelmed.  No one was ever denied treatment.  Everyone who needed a ventilator got one.  And at present, only 1.75% of the US population has tested positive.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
With all that has happened, it is safe to say, there are NO LESSONS LEARNED for Joe Clueless Biden.

If there is anything we have learned, shutting this nation down with this virus is foolish and results in far more dying unnecessarily from depression/suicide.  Biden is so desperately trying to be 180 of Trump, Trump will easily make this fool look the fool.

Biden is dumb as a stump.  Obama even recognized it and tried to beg him off from running.  I guess Jill wanted it too much.

Fauxcahontas would have been the most fun for Trump, but Joe Clueless will do just fine.

Online DB

At no time during this entire fiasco have the virus and public health emergency not been under control.  No hospital was ever overwhelmed.  No one was ever denied treatment.  Everyone who needed a ventilator got one.  And at present, only 1.75% of the US population has tested positive.

And if we keep doing what we're doing this will take decades to end... It is at 1.75% now and requires about 60% to get herd immunity working.

There are only two ways to shorten this. Get herd immunity by getting it or get an effective vaccine that provides that immunity. The vaccine is a risky bet to keep everything locked down on. If it isn't effective the economic destruction continues.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
This virus and the actions taken to date scream conspiracy, all intended to destroy Trump.

There is no sane person that believe Hydroxy is not an effective Pharma for this virus, with perhaps the sole exception being Dr Anthony Fauci, a truly deplorable Democommie.  Thousands of physicians are saying just the opposite of this bozo, and yet he is still left to run around and kill people.

I know for fact that many at the CDC hate Trump with a passion, with extreme TDS.  And where have they been through much of this outbreak?  Fauci is from NIH.  It is the CDC that deals with outbreaks, and they have been hardly seen.  And right now, they are scaling down their efforts in dealing with the virus.  Hard to believe.

'Shut the country down'...he is Joe Clueless, believe me.  DB is 100% right.  Our primary focus for the next year should be protect those at high risk, and end the nonsense.  I do recommend the continuation of hand washing, even after this virus goes away, but it is idiotic wearing a mask.  The sooner we develop herd immunity, that is the ONLY means to ending this bullsh*t!!!  A safe vaccine could take years.  Yes, Russia is administering vaccines right this moment, untested!!!  Russia's leader cares nothing for his people, and has proven it repeatedly through the years.  I would not trust their vaccine or ours.  Unless you have a pre-existing condition, and/or are over 70 years of age, wait on the vaccine.  And maybe not the first one, but one 2-3 years from now.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 05:14:04 am by jafo2010 »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
DB mused:
"And if we keep doing what we're doing this will take decades to end..."

Aw, c'mon, man...
Don't you realize that's EXACTLY what their plan for us is...?

Offline Hoodat

Former Vice President Joe Biden said in an exclusive interview with ABC "World News Tonight" Anchor David Muir on Friday that as president, he would shut the country down to stop the spread of COVID-19 if the move was recommended to him by scientists.

“I would shut it down; I would listen to the scientists,” Biden told Muir Friday, alongside his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., during their first joint interview since officially becoming the Democratic Party’s presidential and vice presidential nominees.

Clearly, Joe Biden has no concept of what leadership actually is.  You don't yield the call to scientists.  You add their input to the input of different audiences and experts, and render a decision that is best for the American people.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Ok -- I looked up the interview and listened to 2 minutes of Sloe Joe's answer -- we have to fix the virus before we can move the country forward.  2 minutes more than I should have listened.

He is absolutely wrong.  How Joe, are we going to fix the virus?  He must have some kind of magic wand.  There is NO fixing the virus unless there is a way to eradicate this virus completely!  The virus is going to follow the path that it's going to follow -- just like the common cold, influenza, aids, herpes, Hep C., Hep B., etc., etc.

Interesting - as I viewed the interview -- I did notice that Harris was squirming as he answered -- I don't think for a minute she's comfortable under his wings.  Not in the least. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 09:48:09 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

With all that has happened, it is safe to say, there are NO LESSONS LEARNED for Joe Clueless Biden.

If there is anything we have learned, shutting this nation down with this virus is foolish and results in far more dying unnecessarily from depression/suicide.  Biden is so desperately trying to be 180 of Trump, Trump will easily make this fool look the fool.

Biden is dumb as a stump.  Obama even recognized it and tried to beg him off from running.  I guess Jill wanted it too much.

Fauxcahontas would have been the most fun for Trump, but Joe Clueless will do just fine.

Excellent post.   888high58888

Offline LegalAmerican

This virus and the actions taken to date scream conspiracy, all intended to destroy Trump.

There is no sane person that believe Hydroxy is not an effective Pharma for this virus, with perhaps the sole exception being Dr Anthony Fauci, a truly deplorable Democommie.  Thousands of physicians are saying just the opposite of this bozo, and yet he is still left to run around and kill people.

I know for fact that many at the CDC hate Trump with a passion, with extreme TDS.  And where have they been through much of this outbreak?  Fauci is from NIH.  It is the CDC that deals with outbreaks, and they have been hardly seen.  And right now, they are scaling down their efforts in dealing with the virus.  Hard to believe.

'Shut the country down'...he is Joe Clueless, believe me.  DB is 100% right.  Our primary focus for the next year should be protect those at high risk, and end the nonsense.  I do recommend the continuation of hand washing, even after this virus goes away, but it is idiotic wearing a mask.  The sooner we develop herd immunity, that is the ONLY means to ending this bullsh*t!!!  A safe vaccine could take years.  Yes, Russia is administering vaccines right this moment, untested!!!  Russia's leader cares nothing for his people, and has proven it repeatedly through the years.  I would not trust their vaccine or ours.  Unless you have a pre-existing condition, and/or are over 70 years of age, wait on the vaccine.  And maybe not the first one, but one 2-3 years from now.

:hands: :hands: :hands:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Hardly surprising.  Biden signs on to the short-sighted folly of regarding the prevention of infection with and death from COVID-19 as the only human good.  Just ignore the excess cancer deaths cause by shuttering surgical ward for "elective surgeries", excess suicides caused by lockdown, excess heart-attack deaths caused by reluctance to go to the doctor for anything that doesn't seem like COVID symptons, the children given yet more substandard education (even by America's already substandards), small businesses destroyed, livelihoods lost because the small business that used to employ you went belly up,... just so long as the politician can be seen to be preventing cases and deaths from COVID-19, it's all good.

The consequences of partisan politics intruding into medicine. Apparently COVID-19 is registered republican.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You have to wonder how many of his handlers smacked their foreheads and considered suicide when THAT brain fart escaped.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!