Author Topic: Pentagon is getting rid of Chinese-made drones over spying fears  (Read 613 times)

rangerrebew

Pentagon is getting rid of Chinese-made drones over spying fears

By
Dylan Malyasov
Aug 21, 2020

The U.S. Department of Defense is getting rid of Chinese-manufactured drones over cybersecurity concerns.

The U.S. Pacific Command announced on Thursday that the Defense Department and the entire federal government will have access to secure, trusted, and American-made commercial drones on the General Service Administration schedule.

This new DIU initiative, dubbed Blue small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS), is the culmination of 18 months of work by the Army and DIU to tailor the best technology from U.S. and allied companies to develop small unmanned aircraft systems that can be safely adopted by men and women in uniform, Acting Undersecretary of Defense for Research and Engineering Michael Kratsios announced at a virtual event hosted by the Defense Innovation Unit (DIU).

https://defence-blog.com/news/army/pentagon-is-getting-rid-of-chinese-made-drones-over-spying-fears.html

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Pentagon is getting rid of Chinese-made drones over spying fears
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 01:41:40 pm »
Good. Get the components here, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 04:44:00 pm »
I hope they also get rid of the cretins (and possibly Chinese agents) who approved the purchase of them,too.

Whoever the General or Admiral was that approved of their purchase needs to get their walking papers,too.

This sort of thing doesn't happen in a vacuum. It takes a whole team of decision-makers as well a technical team and a military advisory team.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 10:19:13 pm »
I hope they also get rid of the cretins (and possibly Chinese agents) who approved the purchase of them,too.

Whoever the General or Admiral was that approved of their purchase needs to get their walking papers,too.

This sort of thing doesn't happen in a vacuum. It takes a whole team of decision-makers as well a technical team and a military advisory team.
Makes you wonder if a couple of husbands had any connection to the deal. Nan? Di?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 12:13:55 am »
Makes you wonder if a couple of husbands had any connection to the deal. Nan? Di?

@Smokin Joe

Nancy ALWAYS gets to dip her beak into Chinese payola. After all,her husband is in business with the Chinese government,and his law firm represents them in the US.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 01:10:43 am »
@Smokin Joe

Nancy ALWAYS gets to dip her beak into Chinese payola. After all,her husband is in business with the Chinese government,and his law firm represents them in the US.

Yes, that is what I read.   888high58888

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 10:55:13 am »
Don't forget our man Joe Biden in all this.  He's really friendly with the Chicoms, too. :grouphug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 01:14:54 pm »
Don't forget our man Joe Biden in all this.  He's really friendly with the Chicoms, too. :grouphug:

@rangerrebew

Joe is friendly with anyone with a checkbook. If you can write a big enough check,you can get him to show up at a 5 year old's birthday party.

In short,he is a whore.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 01:57:02 pm »
@rangerrebew

Joe is friendly with anyone with a checkbook. If you can write a big enough check,you can get him to show up at a 5 year old's birthday party.

In short,he is a whore.
Well, that explains his choice for a running mate.

C S Lewis