Author Topic: DNC Night 4: Biden Veers Toward The Center, Calming Dems With A Strong Finish To A Mismanaged Conven  (Read 206 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Politics

DNC Night 4: Biden Veers Toward The Center, Calming Dems With A Strong Finish To A Mismanaged Convention
Convention bets hard on hope Kamala pick will provide left-wing cover for sharp messaging return to the center.

By Christopher Bedford
August 21, 2020

Vice President Joe Biden wrapped up the Democratic Convention Thursday night, putting an authentic and well-received closing argument at the end of an otherwise halting, depressing and frankly alien four-day rally, and previewing what may be the campaign’s calculation that a Kamala Harris VP provides left-wing cover for a rapid return to messaging from the Democratic Party’s political center.

Biden used the 25-minute speech, delivered from an empty convention center in Wilmington, Delaware, to contrast President Donald Trump’s “darkness” with his own “light,” and continued to stress the moderate credentials that have been a major theme of the Democratic National Convention. His words gently repudiated the more radical shifts of the Democratic Party, including anthem protests, demonizing white people, and The New York Times’ anti-American “1619 Project.”

Americans, Biden said, must, “Live up to the promise of our sacred founding documents that promise our rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.” The highly contentious “Black Lives Matter” group powerful Democrats have literally bowed to went unmentioned, replaced instead with the late Rep. John Lewis’s call for America to “lay down the heavy burden of hate.” A mere moment later, however, Biden paid homage to “systemic racism” — the concept that America is a racist country that’s very systems conspire to subjugate minorities.

“No miracle is coming,” he angrily charged, blaming the president for the Chinese coronavirus and later adding, again with anger, that “the president still does not have a plan, but I do.” His plan, he said, is to make and distribute tests (as the president has done), “to take the muzzle off our experts” (who have dominated the White House press conferences for months while liberal tech companies censor and punish expert dissent), and to “have a national mandate to wear masks,” describing it as “a patriotic duty.”

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/21/dnc-night-4-biden-veers-toward-the-center-calming-dems-with-a-strong-finish-to-a-mismanaged-convention/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Lost of "orange man bad" but no "what I would have done different"... touch feely...

Nothing about Antifa and the violence..
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 03:38:12 pm by EdinVA »

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Before anyone buys off on this centralist garbage, everyone needs to hear Levin's rundown and synopsis of the 2020 110 page Democratic Plank.  He covered this last night on Hannity

I am sorry for the quality, but it was the only copy of one I could find .  Please listen, it is critical every voting American hears this.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

.  .  .   and to “have a national mandate to wear masks,” describing it as “a patriotic duty.”

The Germans had a similar policy back in the 1930s with 'arm masks'.  It was one's patriotic duty.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-