Author Topic: Bomb-Sniffing 'Cyborg Locusts' Advance Under Navy-Funded Research  (Read 268 times)

rangerrebew

Bomb-Sniffing 'Cyborg Locusts' Advance Under Navy-Funded Research

19 Aug 2020
Stars and Stripes | By Chad Garland

Navy-funded researchers have discovered that a locust's sensitive "horns" can distinguish between the scents of TNT and other explosives -- a development that one day could herald the deployment of bomb-sniffing, electronically augmented bug swarms.

The research by a team from Washington University in St. Louis, published this month in the science journal "Biosensors and Biolectronics: X," is the first proof of concept for a system that aims to tap into the antennae and brainpower of garden-variety bugs to create an advanced bomb-detection sensor.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/08/19/bomb-sniffing-cyborg-locusts-advance-under-navy-funded-research.html

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Bomb-Sniffing 'Cyborg Locusts' Advance Under Navy-Funded Research
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 12:40:09 pm »
Cyborg Locusts?

Quick ...someone check Biden's brain.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Bomb-Sniffing 'Cyborg Locusts' Advance Under Navy-Funded Research
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 05:19:11 pm »
Cyborg Locusts?

Quick ...someone check Biden's brain.
It said 'bomb sniffing', I think the target would be lower.