Author Topic: Pittsburgh Dem Mayor: No, you can’t protest outside my house  (Read 853 times)

rangerrebew

Pittsburgh Dem Mayor: No, you can’t protest outside my house

Jazz ShawPosted at 10:01 am on August 20, 2020

There’s something in this story about chickens coming home to roost, but I just can’t put my finger on it yet.

In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the protests (and associated rioting from time to time) haven’t let up. In fact, following the arrest of one protest leader over the weekend, they’ve only increased in volume. As long as the demonstrations remained in the downtown area, both Mayor Bill Peduto and many of the police seemed content to let the situation play out. But Peduto’s attitude took a decided turn toward the less tolerant side when the protests moved to a new location. The site in question would be the Mayor’s own front yard. And that was clearly a bridge too far for him. (CBS Pittsburgh)

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/08/20/pittsburgh-dem-mayor-no-cant-protest-outside-house/

Online mountaineer

Re: Pittsburgh Dem Mayor: No, you can’t protest outside my house
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 03:49:34 pm »
@Applewood  You weren't in on the festivities, were you?  :silly:
Mayor Bad Santa suddenly not so fond of protests, go figure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 09:41:32 pm »
Pittsburgh, where I am from, thank God away from that fine city, is just one more Democommie bastion where Republicans do not even run a candidate.  The Dems there are as corrupt as they get, and the people are lacking any intelligence regarding politics.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 09:46:50 pm »
NIMBY idiot syndrome. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 10:48:28 pm »
Chicago's mayor is suffering the same affliction, that is, protesters at her doorstep. She cleverly has banned them.  :silly:
 Lori Lightfoot defends ban on protesters on her block, citing her right to safety; The Democratic mayor said her family required heightened security due to the threats she receives daily. (FOX News[/url]

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 11:54:41 pm »
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 12:19:07 am »
NIMBY idiot syndrome.

@catfish1957

Well,what kind of world would it be if Queens were treated like peasants?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 12:29:19 am »
Pittsburgh, where I am from, thank God away from that fine city, is just one more Democommie bastion where Republicans do not even run a candidate.  The Dems there are as corrupt as they get, and the people are lacking any intelligence regarding politics.

:thumbsup:

Offline dancer

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2020, 09:47:43 am »
Pittsburgh Dem Mayor: No, you can’t protest outside my house

Jazz ShawPosted at 10:01 am on August 20, 2020

There’s something in this story about chickens coming home to roost, but I just can’t put my finger on it yet.

In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the protests (and associated rioting from time to time) haven’t let up. In fact, following the arrest of one protest leader over the weekend, they’ve only increased in volume. As long as the demonstrations remained in the downtown area, both Mayor Bill Peduto and many of the police seemed content to let the situation play out. But Peduto’s attitude took a decided turn toward the less tolerant side when the protests moved to a new location. The site in question would be the Mayor’s own front yard. And that was clearly a bridge too far for him. (CBS Pittsburgh)

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/08/20/pittsburgh-dem-mayor-no-cant-protest-outside-house/
SMH  This reminds me of Chicago Mayor Heavybootonyourneck.  She cuts police funding, yet had as many as 140 officers guarding HER street because they are not allowed to protest in her neighborhood.  The rest of the peasants can suffer, though.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2020, 09:42:48 pm »
mountaineer wrote:
"Chicago's mayor is suffering the same affliction, that is, protesters at her doorstep. She cleverly has banned them."

Mayor Groot was not happy about that!

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2020, 09:45:29 pm »
mountaineer wrote:
"Chicago's mayor is suffering the same affliction, that is, protesters at her doorstep. She cleverly has banned them."

Mayor Groot was not happy about that!

That is a sneer is the look of a politican who knows their days are at the trough are limited. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2020, 09:54:40 pm »
That is a sneer is the look of a politican who knows their days are at the trough are limited.

@catfish1957

It's a look that makes ME wonder if the new Star Wars trailer is out,and there is a new foe for the force to fight.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2020, 09:56:43 pm »
For those of you unfamiliar with Bike Lane Bill, Mayor Pedoofus, a photo is needed.
Now you see why we from the area refer to him as Mayor Bad Santa:

*****rollingeyes*****