Author Topic: Obama’s DNC speech was vicious, dishonest, and mostly about Obama  (Read 526 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 20, 2020
Obama’s DNC speech was vicious, dishonest, and mostly about Obama
By Andrea Widburg

Michelle Obama famously said, “When they go low, we go high.” She should have reminded her husband before he gave his speech for the online Democrat convention.

Standing in a room in Philadelphia, with the words “Writing the Constitution” over his right shoulder, Obama gave a speech that almost wholly ignored Biden, whom he’d ostensibly come to praise. Instead, Obama viciously attacked Trump and did a constitutional rewrite that allowed him to cast Trump as a constitutional threat.

From the start, Obama was up to his old tricks. Even while he wanted to use the Constitution to challenge Trump, he couldn’t praise it. Instead, he opened by describing it as an imperfect document that “allowed for the inhumanity of slavery and failed to guarantee women — and even men who didn’t own property — the right to participate in the political process.”

Democrats aren’t progressive; they’re regressive. They draw power by telling the public that Democrats are the only thing standing between Americans and the Constitution as ratified in 1791 as if nothing has changed since then.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/08/obamas_dnc_speech_was_vicious_dishonest_and_mostly_about_obama.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
In my lifetime, the worst POTUS by far.  And yes, that includes Nixon.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

(Trump has) shown no interest in putting in the work; no interest in finding common ground; no interest in using the awesome power of his office to help anyone but himself and his friends; no interest in treating the presidency as anything but one more reality show that he can use to get the attention he craves.

Of course Obama's speech bore absolutely no resemblance to reality - fantasy is what his supporters demand - but this is really hard to take coming from him. Obama bothered to attend intel meetings, what - once a month? He took at least a full month off every year in vacations.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 01:49:11 pm by skeeter »

Offline skeeter

In my lifetime, the worst POTUS by far.  And yes, that includes Nixon.

The only winner in the Obama administration, besides the Obamas, was Jimmy Carter.

Offline Hoodat

Obama bothered to attend intel meetings, what - once a month?

If by "attend" you mean that Obama stuck his head in the door and told someone to type up a cliff notes summary for him to read later, then yes you are correct.  He did that about once a month.  Typically, Obama wasn't even up out of bed at the time intel briefings were given.  ValJar would have been the intended recipient.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The feel good part of this speech is Obama HAS been watching President Trump erase his legacy .... and the man is bitter and pissed off.  This speech was stunningly personal.

I know it's tough ... but listen to the first five or so minutes.  --- At least notice how orange Sparky looked in the lighting and against the lavender background.   :laugh:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bps3m4eFTuE

Offline Hoodat

Reading a teleprompter as plainly as he can.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Pinned Tweet

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Welcome, Barack and Crooked Hillary. See you on the field of battle!

Video:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1296219101623459841

6:54 PM · Aug 19, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I'm pleased to see over 5 million folks have watched this video ... it needs to be more!  happy77

« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 02:22:48 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

For a 20 minute speech, Obama referred to himself only 38 times.  That's unusual.  Typically, that number would be in the triple-digits.

Michael Beschloss
@BeschlossDC

No former President has ever attacked his incumbent successor at a convention like Barack Obama tonight, or even comes close.

11:15 PM · Aug 19, 2020·TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/BeschlossDC/status/1296284799850741760

This from a historian specializing in the American Presidency.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Obama’s DNC speech was vicious, dishonest, and mostly about Obama
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2020, 03:14:16 pm »
After 8 years of Obama speechifing we learned you cant spell his name with out the letter "I".

Nod to @Hoodat
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 03:18:21 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2020, 03:16:48 pm »
And you helped, Sparky!   88devil

Rasmussen Reports
@Rasmussen_Poll

Early Notice:

Triple checked - @realDonaldTrump daily job approval % is up sharply today on exceptionally strong overnight results.

7:17 AM · Aug 20, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/Rasmussen_Poll/status/1296406087961321472

« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 03:18:32 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 03:20:18 pm »
Reading a teleprompter as plainly as he can.

@Hoodat

Of course he is. He is an idiot Savant,with the emphasis being on "idiot". His "talent" is being able to read and speak works he doesn't understand,while sounding like he does.

His SOLE "qualification" for president was his skin color.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 03:23:17 pm »
The famous Obama reverse Midas touch

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2020, 03:24:18 pm »

Thursday, August 20, 2020

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll sponsored by Liberty Nation for Thursday shows that 51% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-eight percent (48%) disapprove.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2020, 03:26:41 pm »
Obama’s DNC speech was vicious, dishonest, and mostly about Obama

So just a typical Obozo speech.   999yawn
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2020, 03:29:03 pm »

Thursday, August 20, 2020

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll sponsored by Liberty Nation for Thursday shows that 51% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-eight percent (48%) disapprove.

This is big. Approval above fifty percent. Those are re-election numbers.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2020, 03:29:12 pm »
The feel good part of this speech is Obama HAS been watching President Trump erase his legacy .... and the man is bitter and pissed off.  This speech was stunningly personal.

I know it's tough ... but listen to the first five or so minutes.  --- At least notice how orange Sparky looked in the lighting and against the lavender background.   :laugh:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Not a single chance in hell of me watching that! 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2020, 03:33:50 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The irony of speaking in front of the constitution is beyond pale.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2020, 03:39:11 pm »

Yeah, he’s kinda whiny in that smarmy way of his.

Obama’s presidency set the stage for this BLM, antifa and anarchists’ insurgency. And, it only took him two terms to spark the flames of black racism and turn it into violence.

Well done, Mr. Manchurian President.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2020, 03:47:01 pm »
Yeah, he’s kinda whiny in that smarmy way of his.

Obama’s presidency set the stage for this BLM, antifa and anarchists’ insurgency. And, it only took him two terms to spark the flames of black racism and turn it into violence.

Well done, Mr. Manchurian Iranian President.

Fixed it for you.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2020, 03:49:14 pm »
"Standing in a room in Philadelphia, with the words 'Writing the Constitution' over his right shoulder, Obama gave a speech that almost wholly ignored Biden, whom he’d ostensibly come to praise."

The above is false.  I saw him give the speech and he spent a lot of time talking about Biden - the many tasks Biden did to help the country when he was Vice President and spoke about Biden's caring for others.

I had forgotten about Biden having a vocal stutter problem when he was young; in a time past, I read about that.  At some point, when in public office, if he came across a child who stuttered, he would speak to him/her and give his phone number so he could talk to the child privately and try to help that child; telling the child what he did to get rid of the stutter.  I read what he did to get rid of it.

Biden is a Democrat but also a person just like us.  All people have problems because they are humans.   Take away the politics, and we are equal. 

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2020, 03:54:09 pm »
I had forgotten about Biden having a vocal stutter problem when he was young; in a time past, I read about that.  At some point, when in public office, if he came across a child who stuttered, he would speak to him/her and give his phone number so he could talk to the child privately and try to help that child; telling the child what he did to get rid of the stutter.  I read what he did to get rid of it.

Biden discovered that he only stuttered when telling the truth, and that when he lied, his stuttering problem went a way.  At that point, he made his decision to go into politics.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2020, 03:58:07 pm »

I'd eat out of date sushi prepared by covid positive workers served by meth heads before I'd watch that POS talk about how great he is. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.