Author Topic: Obama can give a speech, but it’s not enough to lift Biden: By Michael Goodwin  (Read 104 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Obama can give a speech, but it’s not enough to lift Biden: Goodwin

By Michael Goodwin

August 20, 2020 | 1:01am | Updated

In December 2007, Washington Post columnist David Broder began a column this way: “Barack Obama has become a one-trick pony. But what a trick it is!”

Broder went on to summarize the rookie senator’s marvelous stump speech in the presidential race. He called the performance “a thing of beauty, a 40-minute oration delivered without notes that is powering his gains in the Iowa caucuses on Jan. 3 and the first primary here in New Hampshire five days later. Hillary Clinton has nothing to match it.”

When I later heard Obama give that speech, I wasn’t disappointed. It was everything Broder said it was.

Sure, the candidate made promises aplenty, but it was the energy and excitement of the crowds that made the difference, especially when Obama led them in concluding chants of “Fired up, ready to go, fired up, ready to go,” then finished with “Let’s go change the world.”

The rest, of course, is history — and so is the Obama magic. He gave it a good try Wednesday night, and even dared rebuke cancel culture, saying how earlier generations overcame greater hardships than young people face today.

more
https://nypost.com/2020/08/20/obama-can-give-a-speech-but-its-not-enough-to-lift-biden-goodwin/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Was I listening to the same speech?  This speech degraded the already tainted legacy of this Piece of Shit.  Ex-POTUS have always had an unwritten rule of staying above the fray in the ugly trenches. He's now degraded the office 10X more than his claims about Trump.

I didn't think there was a way I could dislike Obama more.  Punk fag.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Was I listening to the same speech?  This speech degraded the already tainted legacy of this Piece of Shit.  Ex-POTUS have always had an unwritten rule of staying above the fray in the ugly trenches. He's now degraded the office 10X more than his claims about Trump.

I didn't think there was a way I could dislike Obama more.  Punk fag.....

:yowsa:'Nuff said!