Author Topic: GOP Rep. joins Senate push to recoup $1.6T in century-old Chinese debt  (Read 200 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
GOP Rep. joins Senate push to recoup $1.6T in century-old Chinese debt

Rep. Mark Green, R-Tenn., has introduced a resolution calling on China to repay more than $1.6 trillion, including interest, owed to U.S. holders of sovereign debt that predates the Communist Party’s government.

The House resolution follows a similar measure introduced last week by Sen. Martha McSally, R-Ariz., and co-sponsored by Sen. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn. A resolution expresses the will of members of Congress without the force of law; action on the matter would have to be taken by the Trump administration.

Green's office did not immediately respond to FOX Business' request for comment.

The resolutions in both chambers of Congress are "sending a message to the president, 'We support you, President Trump, in holding China accountable,'” said American Bondholder Foundation President Jonna Bianco, who has power of attorney for 95% of the thousands of U.S. bondholders. “That's what the American people expect. That's what they want."............

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/china-debt-resolution-rep-mark-green
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.