Author Topic: Trump says he has rejected Pentagon proposal to slash military health care  (Read 284 times)

rangerrebew

Trump says he has rejected Pentagon proposal to slash military health care
By Justine Coleman - 08/17/20 11:15 PM EDT

Trump says he has rejected Pentagon proposal to slash military health care

President Trump said Monday night that he rejected a proposal from the Pentagon to cut military health care by $2.2 billion during the pandemic.

The president tweeted his rebuke hours after Politico reported that Department of Defense officials were suggesting cutting health care over the next five years as part of Secretary Mark Esper’s cost-cutting initiatives.

“A proposal by Pentagon officials to slash Military Healthcare by $2.2 billion dollars has been firmly and totally rejected by me,” Trump tweeted. “We will do nothing to hurt our great Military professionals & heroes as long as I am your President. Thank you!”

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/512449-trump-says-he-has-rejected-pentagon-proposal-to-slash-military-health-care

Offline The_Reader_David

Good.  Both for military readiness, and because doing so would ruin the one health-insurance plan that should actually be a model for the rest:  Tricare.  I see health insurers from the provider's perspective, doing the back office work for my wife's psychology practice.  Tricare has better payment rates than all but the most generous commercial insurers, and has the handiest claim filing procedures of any I've ever dealt with.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.