Author Topic: How do we explain Republicans who support Biden?  (Read 3528 times)

Online libertybele

Re: How do we explain Republicans who support Biden?
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2020, 08:57:47 pm »
Then you won't be upset if folks who don't buy into your pop-psychology tell you to go piss up a rope then, right?  You seem pretty sharp-minded most days.

I speak the truth when I say I don't envy people.  I was brought up that way (as was the fellow you've paired me up with, Wings), to look neither down nor up to people.  I'm glad he's Prez, but I certainly have no desire to switch places with him.

wink777 :yowsa: 888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2020, 08:57:53 pm »

I can explain it.  Very simple.  Most men have TRUMP ENVY. 

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Nah. Same ol tired bullcrap. Any man with envy is not the man he ought to be. Most men don't envy other men. They have their own crap to worry about.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2020, 08:58:53 pm »
I must be an odd-ball.  I've never felt envy, for Trump or anybody else for that matter.   :shrug:

That's right.  :beer: :seeya:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2020, 09:08:39 pm »
Ho Boy.   The pre woke took that chain down!   LOL

They were pretty good, for a "Denny's" style chain greasy spoon.  Serviceable. And yes...the pancakes were pretty good...lol.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2020, 09:11:30 pm »
That's right.  :beer: :seeya:

There's no way a pop-psychologist will ever admit they're wrong about people like us.  They invented the term, "projection" and apply it to everybody but themselves.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2020, 09:12:57 pm »
:silly: :silly: :silly:

Nah. Same ol tired bullcrap. Any man with envy is not the man he ought to be. Most men don't envy other men. They have their own crap to worry about.

Exactly.  I have neither the time nor the energy to envy anybody.  I've knocked back beers with millionaires and good ol' boys, and we're all alike where it counts.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2020, 09:33:27 pm »
Exactly.  I have neither the time nor the energy to envy anybody.  I've knocked back beers with millionaires and good ol' boys, and we're all alike where it counts.

That's right... Look at you and me... Different but the same. I don't envy your castle and all... no doubt you have way more than me retirement wise... you're living way up the chain from me. But I don't envy all that... I am happy for you, that you got what you want. That you won. BRAVO! No skin off my nose.

And no offense, but I wouldn't want all that anyhoo. As long as I can still chop wood and make do for myself, I PREFER exactly what I am. Rich to me is friends and family, a little cabin way up in the sticks, and happy hunting grounds... A garden to grow, and a barn to mind, with a shop for my hands to play with things.

And I am fixin to have all that. I need a tractor and a mill and a little money for concrete, and other than that, y'all would fall down at how cheap that is for me to put in place. Money don't hardly even come into it. Heck even the land itself didn't cost me money really. I was holding a flag on the guy's kid, and all I did was forgive that debt. Mostly. There was a little dough involved, but boom, 20 acres.

Tumpy ain't got a damn thing I want, and frankly, neither do you... Other than that good woman of yours... Not that I want HER exactly, but something like-in-kind, with more of a hilljilly vibe, But you get what I mean.

To envy, one would suppose that all men want the same damn thing, which is such a shallow view that it ain't hardly worth mention. The Father gives me what he will, and I am grateful for that. My belly is full. I am warm in my blankets at night. I have a huge family full of love. He gives me things to stretch my mind around... The way I see it I am as rich as anybody.

Your 'rich' don't enter into mine at all. And that's alright.  :beer:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2020, 09:37:47 pm »
@roamer_1

Roam's, someone here said a while back that has stuck with me as it is so true.... "Just because my neighbor is rich doesn't make me poor" 

The whole "envy" thing that other poster hangs her hat on is just psychobabble.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 09:38:56 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2020, 09:39:18 pm »
There's no way a pop-psychologist will ever admit they're wrong about people like us.  They invented the term, "projection" and apply it to everybody but themselves.

What are you talking about?  Let it go.  I said,  YOU ARE ALL NORMAL, KING OF THE HILL, CANDIDATES. MEN.  Why would you volunteer yourself, for some kind of offense?  NO NAMES WERE MENTIONED.  A GENERAL STATEMENT ON HERE.
 GENERAL STATEMENT ON HERE, ABOUT AN ARTICLE.  GENERAL STATEMENT...not about YOU! 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2020, 09:41:08 pm »
Roam's, someone here said a while back that has stuck with me as it is so true.... "Just because my neighbor is rich doesn't make me poor" 

That's damn well right Wings. I don't mind what you have. Hell, I don't even care. So long as you have enough, it ain't no business of mine.

Not everybody on the planet wants a damn golden toilet.

Online libertybele

« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2020, 09:41:38 pm »
@roamer_1

:amen:  ....and as far as the psychobabble, I couldn't agree with you more.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2020, 09:42:08 pm »
There is a saying.  "ME THINKS THOU DOST PROTEST TOO MUCH.'

MY COMMENT WAS NOT ABOUT ANYONE ON HERE!   GET BACK ON TOPIC.  THANKS. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2020, 09:42:26 pm »
That's damn well right Wings. I don't mind what you have. Hell, I don't even care. So long as you have enough, it ain't no business of mine.

That's for sure ... and how would you even clean the darn thing??

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2020, 09:42:26 pm »

Amen!   :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2020, 09:47:12 pm »
That's right... Look at you and me... Different but the same. I don't envy your castle and all... no doubt you have way more than me retirement wise... you're living way up the chain from me. But I don't envy all that... I am happy for you, that you got what you want. That you won. BRAVO! No skin off my nose.

And no offense, but I wouldn't want all that anyhoo. As long as I can still chop wood and make do for myself, I PREFER exactly what I am. Rich to me is friends and family, a little cabin way up in the sticks, and happy hunting grounds... A garden to grow, and a barn to mind, with a shop for my hands to play with things.

And I am fixin to have all that. I need a tractor and a mill and a little money for concrete, and other than that, y'all would fall down at how cheap that is for me to put in place. Money don't hardly even come into it. Heck even the land itself didn't cost me money really. I was holding a flag on the guy's kid, and all I did was forgive that debt. Mostly. There was a little dough involved, but boom, 20 acres.

Tumpy ain't got a damn thing I want, and frankly, neither do you... Other than that good woman of yours... Not that I want HER exactly, but something like-in-kind, with more of a hilljilly vibe, But you get what I mean.

To envy, one would suppose that all men want the same damn thing, which is such a shallow view that it ain't hardly worth mention. The Father gives me what he will, and I am grateful for that. My belly is full. I am warm in my blankets at night. I have a huge family full of love. He gives me things to stretch my mind around... The way I see it I am as rich as anybody.

Your 'rich' don't enter into mine at all. And that's alright.  :beer:

:beer: :beer:

I totally get you, @roamer_1.  We don't agree on everything, but we'd be best of friends up in the holler, were I to come visit someday.
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2020, 09:48:24 pm »

With Democrat tears?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2020, 09:50:00 pm »
There is a saying.  "ME THINKS THOU DOST PROTEST TOO MUCH.'

MY COMMENT WAS NOT ABOUT ANYONE ON HERE!   GET BACK ON TOPIC.  THANKS.

Well, yeah it was, but look, it's alright.  I don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff.

Back to the Cluster**** that defines all RINOS, already in progress!  happy77
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2020, 09:50:03 pm »
What are you talking about?  Let it go.  I said,  YOU ARE ALL NORMAL, KING OF THE HILL, CANDIDATES. MEN.  Why would you volunteer yourself, for some kind of offense?  NO NAMES WERE MENTIONED.  A GENERAL STATEMENT ON HERE.
 GENERAL STATEMENT ON HERE, ABOUT AN ARTICLE.  GENERAL STATEMENT...not about YOU!

Lady, you're clean off the mark.  Men don't care what other men have... Except where it can be exploited to advance each the other. And that is all voluntary. tit for tat. Competition ain't what you think it is. There are more hills to be king of than there are kings. People that want everybody elses hills aren't men. They may be male, but they ain't men.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2020, 09:50:56 pm »
Someone asked who and what is normal?
Plain people are the norm and their attitude and behavior sets the standard.
We don't need political moralizers and psychiatrists to set standards for us.
Ignoring anything Trump says (a wise decision), glance at his behavior.
Draft-dodging, multiple bankruptcies and marriages plus chronic association
w/an inordinate number of sleazoids; that is emphatically not the resume'
of normal people!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 02:39:43 am by Absalom »

Online Wingnut

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2020, 09:53:02 pm »

We still have some more male bonding to get done....  bromancing the BR!   wink777

:cool: :cool:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2020, 09:55:23 pm »

With a maid, I suppose...  :whistle:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2020, 09:58:09 pm »

I totally get you, @roamer_1.  We don't agree on everything, but we'd be best of friends up in the holler, were I to come visit someday.

:beer:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2020, 10:09:53 pm »
Well, yeah it was, but look, it's alright.  I don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff.

It was NOT.  I was responding to the ARTICLE....I even copied it.   NOT ABOUT ANY OF YOU ON HERE! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: mystery-ak on Today at 09:23:27 AM
August 19, 2020
How do we explain Republicans who support Biden?
By Robert Arvay

I personally know some Republicans who now support Biden for president.  Mind you, these are people who vigorously opposed Obama's ruinous depredations of the American economy for eight solid years.  They ranted against his treacherous Iran deal.  They decried his open borders policy.  They voted for McCain/Palin and then, four years later, for Romney/Ryan.  Finally, they rooted for one or the other of the Republican contenders in the 2016 primaries — any of them, that is, except Donald Trump.  All the while, they excoriated the Clintons for their corruption and duplicity. 

Then something mysterious happened.  When Trump was nominated, these supposedly staunchly conservative Republicans seem to have voted, in 2016, for Hillary Clinton, the woman whom they would have fiercely opposed had the Republican nominee been Rubio, Cruz, Kasich, or anybody but Trump. 

Nothing Trump did, as president, softened their disdain for the man, even though he revived the American economy, canceled the Iran giveaway, and decreased illegal immigration to the extent that any president could, despite being opposed every step of the way, including by Republicans, even his own White House staff.  Trump did everything the RINOs had said they wanted and the opposite of what Hillary would have done. 

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/08/how_do_we_explain_republicans_who_support_biden.html

MY POST; 
I can explain it.  Very simple.  Most men have TRUMP ENVY.  Yup.  Goes back to male egos and jocking....for King of the hill.  TRUMP HAS ALWAYS BEEN ENVIED and lied about for decades.  They can't stand one man is so good looking, has millions, model wife, Trump Tower, business's all over, smart, high I.Q.... ENVY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL. 

When I look back, even 30 years ago, 'journalist's" interview him, ask HIM alll the time how much something costs,  then when HE answers, they say TRUMP BRAGGS.  They badger him to tell them, what something costs, then chastised him, when he says it.  he has learned since then, not to say.  Go to any late show, Letterman, Roseann Barr, Oprah.  Jay Leno.
They all, LOVE TO MOCK HIM, PUT HIM DOWN IN SOME WAY.  ENVY.  TRUMP..HOUSEHOLD WORD.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2020, 10:26:43 pm »
Legal wrote:
"I guess I could have googled.....I was not raised with that story"

If you're willing to look, you can scrounge up a good copy of "Song of the South" and watch it on the computer.

Got to know where to look, and be unafraid to go there.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2020, 11:49:44 pm »
Legal wrote:
"I guess I could have googled.....I was not raised with that story"

If you're willing to look, you can scrounge up a good copy of "Song of the South" and watch it on the computer.

Got to know where to look, and be unafraid to go there.

It's a sad day when SotS is verboten.  It's no longer a "zippity-doo-dah day."  8888crybaby
I will NOT comply.