Author Topic: Can loneliness be cured with a pill? Scientists are now asking the question  (Read 1491 times)

Offline libertybele

Kid Rock -- Lonely Road of Faith  (has gotten my through some rough patches)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNy770kMmsA

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Exhausterpated is almost as bad as being frazzlefide.

Posilutely.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

Better than consternpated.

The germans call that poopenzebrickenschitt.  :whistle:

Online Hoodat

Three Dog Night  -  One

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

@roamer_1   Thank you for that!  I'm laughing so hard I have tears rolling down my cheeks.   :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Heck no you lonesome losers.

JACK THIS THREAD UP. Beers for everybody!  :beer:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline roamer_1

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I only know English.

Grimasstification.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 01:56:23 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

Offline libertybele

Heck no you lonesome losers.

JACK THIS THREAD UP. Beers for everybody!  :beer:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

:beer: :beer:   Believe it or not my aunt who was 85 at the time taught me to "line dance" to this tune!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 01:59:41 am by libertybele »

Online Hoodat

The Police  -  So Lonely

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Pink Floyd  -  Nobody Home

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

:beer: :beer:   Believe it or not my aunt who was 85 at the time taught me to "line dance" to this tune!

Redneck Yacht Club gave me an idea... Got a party barge going on with just four texts just now... Gonna be a great weekend... Replies coming in heavy already... 5 pontoons already committed... Several boats... Church slough is gonna be busy...

All y'all have to do is make it happen.

Online corbe

I guess it's debatable whether were all dong better than John Prine, right now.    RIP.
   Has anyone asked @jmyrlefuller if we could turn his Thread into an impromptu Music Jam about Loneliness? 
   I have to admit Music has always gotten me through some tough times, like now.

John Prine - Speed of the Sound of Loneliness - German Afternoons

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

I only know English.

Grimasstification.

Brings to mind a saying my pappy taught me years ago...
If you're gonna put a tater in your pants, put it in the front, not the back...

Online Hoodat

Al Green  -  Tired of Being Alone

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Brings to mind a saying my pappy taught me years ago...
If you're gonna put a tater in your pants, put it in the front, not the back...

Do both front and back. You'll be all that and a bag of chips.

Online Hoodat

Bill Withers  -  Ain't No Sunshine

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

I guess it's debatable whether were all dong better than John Prine, right now.    RIP.
   Has anyone asked @jmyrlefuller if we could turn his Thread into an impromptu Music Jam about Loneliness? 

John Prine - Speed of the Sound of Loneliness - German Afternoons

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

That is why I have always loved this forum ... we have the liberty to take a break from all the b.s. going on post our random thoughts, music and silliness .... it is good for the soul!  I think we all deserve a break from all the craziness.

A big thank you to @jmyrlefuller for this thread! 

Online Hoodat

Carole King  -  So Far Away

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The Motels  -  Only the Lonely
I'll see you "Only the Lonely" and raise you with Roy Orbison's song of the same name:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Knock yourself out. I've said what I've had to say about the idea.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

I'll see you "Only the Lonely" and raise you with Roy Orbison's song of the same name:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Great tune!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Online Hoodat

Davie Bowie  -  Space Oddity

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-