Author Topic: Gore: Trump ‘Putting His Knee on the Neck of American Democracy’ by Tampering with Postal Service  (Read 549 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 17 Aug 2020

Sunday on CNN, former Vice President Al Gore accused President Donald Trump of “putting his knee on the neck of American democracy” with his appointee Postmaster General Louis DeJoy’s overhaul of the U.S. Postal Service.

Gore said, “On the postal service if I could say what I wanted to say about that, think he’s kind of panicked that the announcement of Kamala Harris went off — it was 10 out of 10. It was amazing. And he went to that stupid, ridiculous false birther thing right away and had to take it back. And post office, this is an act of desperation, in pandemic, voters of all ages with preexisting conditions worried they can’t breathe safely standing in line to work. In effect, by tampering with the post office, he’s putting his knee on the neck of American democracy and trying to make it impossible for people to vote by mail. And they may react the way they did in Wisconsin when the governor there tried to do a similar thing, and it made people mad. I think this Democratic ticket is going to be showcased this week in a spectacular way.”

He added, “I suspect that he’s gone too far on this even for him because the Republican members of the House and Senate are really hearing from outraged voters, veterans not getting their medicine, people not getting their paychecks, people expecting things in the mail and not receiving them. This is really an outrageous assault on an American institution that goes back to the very beginning of our country.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/08/17/gore-trump-putting-his-knee-on-the-neck-of-american-democracy-by-tampering-with-postal-service/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

“Putting his knee on the neck of American democracy”?  Because of a postmaster general?  Gore really said that?

BWAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
BTW...

While we are talking about Camel-uh Harris' ancestor owning slaves, so did Gore....   Plenty of them.

Wonder how many of them "got the knee". Hypocritical bastard.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FLASHBACK: Thousands of USPS mailboxes removed during Obama-Biden administration
Then there was the time Obama said: 'It's the post office that's always having problems'
The Blaze, Aug 18, 2020

Former President Barack Obama accused President Donald Trump of purposely attempting to sabotage the U.S. Postal Service in an effort to alter the results of the 2020 presidential election.

"What we've seen in a way that is unique to modern political history is a president who is explicit in trying to discourage people from voting," Obama said during an appearance on his former campaign adviser David Plouffe's podcast on Friday. "What we've never seen before is a president say, 'I'm going to try to actively kneecap the postal service to encourage voting and I will be explicit about the reason I'm doing it.'" He added, "That's sort of unheard of."

USPS spokeswoman Kimberly Frum told The Hill that the removal of mailboxes is common.

"Historically, mailboxes have been removed for lack of use and installed in growth areas," Frum said. "Relocating low-use boxes to high traffic areas such as shopping centers, business parks, grocery stores, etc. for increased customer convenience."

"When a collection box consistently receives very small amounts of mail for months on end, it costs the Postal Service money in fuel and workhours for letter carriers to drive to the mailbox and collect the mail," she continued. "Removing the box is simply good business sense in that respect. It is important to note that anyone with a residential or business mailbox can use it as a vehicle to send outgoing mail."

USPS spokesman Steve Doherty told Boston.com that many mailboxes are being repaired or replaced with newer ones. "These trucks are on the street daily," Doherty said. "They're part of our field maintenance fleet."

"This is why you may see one box on a corner that previously may have had two or three side by side," Doherty continued. "With declining letter volumes, we try to keep the system efficient."

"In short – this is all routine maintenance," Doherty concluded. "There's no effort underway to reduce collection boxes."

More: https://www.theblaze.com/amp/obama-usps-conspiracy-theory-biden-trump-2646999688?__twitter_impression=true

« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 07:48:28 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Postal Service targeting 3,653 post offices for closure; retailers would replace some
Washington Post, Jul 26, 2011

The Postal Service intends to review half of its network of 32,000 post offices for closure in the next decade, officials said.

The closures would affect almost every state and the Washington area, where dozens of post offices would close— from those servicing Congress in the U.S. Capitol to some in Leesburg. Rural, suburban and urban post offices would go.

The Postal Service hopes to save $200 million a year with the closures. But the plans are likely to trigger a battle with postal unions, local communities and members of Congress, who have slowed down proposed closures in the past. Donahoe said as many as 4,500 jobs are at risk, although employees would be able to apply for other positions within the Postal Service.

The announcement comes six months after the Postal Service announced plans to consider as many as 2,000 post offices for possible closure in areas where postmasters have retired or a building was vacant. Less than 300 of those have been shuttered, and 700 are still under review, said Dean Granholm, the agency’s vice president for delivery and post office operations.

The Postal Service has slashed billions of dollars in costs in recent years, reducing its workforce by 130,000 employees. But it expects more than $8 billion in losses in the current fiscal year, the result of plunging first-class mail delivery as Americans rely on the Internet to communicate.

The agency has maxed out a $15 billion line of credit with the federal government and is hamstrung by an annual $5.5 billion payment into a fund set aside for health benefits for retirees. Several bills pending in Congress would alleviate some of the financial problems, but an effort to switch to five- from six-day delivery has gone nowhere.

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/federal-eye/post/postal-service-targeting-3653-post-offices-for-closure-retailers-would-replace-some/2011/03/23/gIQAdq04aI_blog.html

Donald J. Trump Retweeted
Mark Meadows
@MarkMeadows

It is NONSENSE to say @realDonaldTrump is undercutting the Postal Service. I know. I oversaw USPS in Congress on the Oversight Committee. It was a mismanaged wreck during the Obama administration—they’ve lost billions for a decade had issues long before this President.

2:27 PM · Aug 16, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/MarkMeadows/status/1295064651156332547

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline LegalAmerican

“Putting his knee on the neck of American democracy”?  Because of a postmaster general?  Gore really said that?

I agree.  These people will say anything to demonize my POTUS.    WE ARE A REPUBLIC. 3 EQUAL POWERS.  TWO powers,   CONGRESS (legislature )  AND JUDICIAL,  SUE POTUS ALL THE TIME, FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING.  STOPPING HIS PLANS.    TWO...TO ONE!   

Offline LegalAmerican

BTW...

While we are talking about Camel-uh Harris' ancestor owning slaves, so did Gore....   Plenty of them.

Wonder how many of them "got the knee". Hypocritical bastard.

This,  I can agree with.    888high58888

Offline berdie

What a relief....I've been wondering what sex poodle thought about all this. :laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Because the imagery of O'Bastard gloating about keeping his boot on the neck of those dirty, rotten oil producers worked so well for them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

Because the imagery of O'Bastard gloating about keeping his boot on the neck of those dirty, rotten oil producers worked so well for them.

“We will keep our boot on their neck until the job gets done."

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, Obama White House News Conference
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

What a relief....I've been wondering what sex poodle thought about all this. :laugh:

Who is sex poodle? 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Who is sex poodle?

You'll have to talk to Mr. Stone about that.........  (and not Roger)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You'll have to talk to Mr. Stone about that.........  (and not Roger)
Those sneaky chakras....another unqualified opinion down the ozone hole.

Sorry Manbearpig, but your 15 minutes are up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rustynail

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Release the Chakras!

LOL...  Got to hand it to Matt and Trey...   There are about 10 people that have been redefined by their South Park memes, and have never recovered. Gore is one of them.