Author Topic: Chicago's $66M coronavirus hospital treats just 38 patients: Pastor says situation 'very unfortunate  (Read 699 times)

Offline EdinVA

“But, we see taxpayer money being spent and not used properly. $66 million and 1.7 million per patient is a lot of funding,” Brooks said, commenting on the city spending $66 million on an emergency hospital that only treated 38 COVID-19 patients.
According to Chicago Sun-Times, the federal government covered 75 percent of the costs, while the city denied that the money was spent in "vain."
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-covid-hospital-spending-66-million

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not in vain, in vein...not sure whose veins that infusion of cash went into, but no doubt they were mainlining it. (Prolly BLM, who kicked back a bunch to the pols).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I  used to have a friend and business client, that was a Project Manager for building hospitals.

He said it was quite specialized, to provide for high tech equipment.

So the cost per room is very likely quite high.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I  used to have a friend and business client, that was a Project Manager for building hospitals.

He said it was quite specialized, to provide for high tech equipment.

So the cost per room is very likely quite high.
So, how did the patients do? What were the outcomes?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

“But, we see taxpayer money being spent and not used properly. $66 million and 1.7 million per patient is a lot of funding,” Brooks said,

@EdinVA

Ok,I want to know where the money went. It damn sure wasn't spent on hiring staff and buying hospital equipment. There is no way in HELL you are going to get doctors to waste their time working there when there is no work coming in.

Figuring out who stole the money in this case shouldn't be all that hard to do.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!