Author Topic: McConnell not certain there will be a fifth coronavirus package  (Read 216 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell not certain there will be a fifth coronavirus package
By Jordain Carney - 08/17/20 11:41 AM EDT

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Monday cast doubt on whether negotiators would be able to break the impasse on a fifth coronavirus package, though he said that he thinks there needs to be another bill.

"We do need another bill and I'm hoping that this impasse will end soon. ...[But] I can't tell you yet here today whether there's going to be additional relief for health-care providers," McConnell said at an event in Kentucky.

"I'm hoping what we're talking about today is not that last tranche that we will make, but as of the moment, today, I can't tell you with certainty we're going to reach an agreement," he said, adding that the talks had been "further complicated" by the looming November election.

McConnell's remarks come after negotiations between the Trump administration and congressional Democrats derailed earlier this month amid deep policy and political differences.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/512314-mcconnell-not-certain-there-will-be-a-fifth-coronavirus-package
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34