Author Topic: Death Valley hits 130 degrees, thought to be highest temperature on Earth in over a century  (Read 993 times)

Online roamer_1

LOL! We always gripe, but come January (when it is 130 degrees colder), we'll miss it.

Maybe. I am getting to where I prefer the cold. Always did like the bitter cold. Like an old malamute laying on the snowpack sunning his belly... I'm alright with it.  :beer:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Maybe. I am getting to where I prefer the cold. Always did like the bitter cold. Like an old malamute laying on the snowpack sunning his belly... I'm alright with it.  :beer:
I adapted. I can put on enough clothes o keep warm (the trick is not sweating before you get outside). If I can't move afterwards, it's too dang cold to do anything out there except maybe fetch some wood.

But I can only remove enough to be miserable or risk arrest...So if I'm not in the water in the Summer, winter seems to work better...and you can still go fishing if you just cut the hole in the right place.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

I adapted. I can put on enough clothes o keep warm (the trick is not sweating before you get outside). If I can't move afterwards, it's too dang cold to do anything out there except maybe fetch some wood.

But I can only remove enough to be miserable or risk arrest...So if I'm not in the water in the Summer, winter seems to work better...and you can still go fishing if you just cut the hole in the right place.

LOL! That's right.  :beer:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Only got to 114 here today.  Umm....118 down by the river.  Quite a bit cooler from a couple days ago.  I think the worst has passed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: