Author Topic: China infuriated after the U.S. formalizes sale of new F-16s to Taiwan  (Read 376 times)

rangerrebew

China infuriated after the U.S. formalizes sale of new F-16s to Taiwan
NewsAviation
By
Daisuke Sato
Aug 16, 2020

Beijing has reacted with anger to the news that the United States has formalized the sale of the latest model F-16 jets to Taiwan.

A U.S. Department of Defense announcement on Thursday said Pentagon’s No.1 weapons supplier Lockheed Martin Corp has been awarded a $62 billion, 10-year contract for the production of F-16s for Foreign Military Sale (FMS), and the initial delivery order is for 90 aircraft.

The DoD did not reveal the buyers of the fighter jets, but media outlets including Bloomberg and AFP reported on Friday that the deal includes Taiwan’s approved purchase of 66 F-16V fighters.

By announcing the F-16 deal has been finalized, the U.S. is attempting to show its tough stance, and the move could be considered as corresponding to the PLA drills, Ni Feng, director of the Institute of American Studies at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, told the Global Times on Saturday.

https://defence-blog.com/news/china-infuriated-after-the-u-s-formalizes-sale-of-new-f-16s-to-taiwan.html

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: China infuriated after the U.S. formalizes sale of new F-16s to Taiwan
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 10:54:44 am »
10 Thumbs up on this move.  F the Chicoms and their Neo-Pacific imperialism. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 06:02:20 pm »
Mainland China regards Taiwan as a province that has revolted, with no right to existence as a nation. So China's response to anything that supports or gives respect to Taiwan is pretty predictable.

FWIW, in the 20th Century, mainland China had governing control over the island of Formosa/Taiwan for a little more than 4 years, from when Japan surrendered it in 1945 to December, 1949, when Chiang Kai-shek moved his government from the mainland to Taiwan. Japan had acquired the island in 1895, in the settlement of the First Sino-Japanese War.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 06:16:51 pm »
When is China not infuriated?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 07:10:06 pm »
We should sell them a carrier loaded with F-18s, too.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 07:14:01 pm »
10 Thumbs up on this move.  F the Chicoms and their Neo-Pacific imperialism.

:yowsa: I agree!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien