Author Topic: Group claims to have enough signatures to recall Oklahoma mayor who cut police funding  (Read 508 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I hope that they are successful and can remove this mayor -- it would be a warning to other idiotic mayors.

Group claims to have enough signatures to recall Oklahoma mayor who cut police funding

A group that launched an effort to oust an Oklahoma mayor who voted in June to slash police department funding has claimed to have gathered enough signatures on its recall petition, according to a report.

Norman Mayor Breaa Clark, a Democrat, did not comment Friday on the effort to force her recall in a vote January, the Oklahoman reported.

A group called Unite Norman spent weeks gathering signatures on the recall petition.

The deadline for filing the petition was Friday, the paper reported. The group reported gathering the signatures from 20,560 Norman voters. They needed at least 18,124..........

https://www.foxnews.com/us/group-claims-enough-signatures-to-recall-oklahoma-mayor-who-cut-police-funding
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@libertybele

Somebody correct me if I am wrong,but isn't it a part of mayor's responsibility to pay,or not to pay,the city police,who are really nothing more than city employees.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dancer

@libertybele

Somebody correct me if I am wrong,but isn't it a part of mayor's responsibility to pay,or not to pay,the city police,who are really nothing more than city employees.
Even if it is, the citizens are not having it.  They see the Antifa/BLM terrorists on tv daily and understand that fewer police is the wrong thing to do.  I hope they are successful.