State Chapters > California

California Suffers 2nd Day of Blackouts as Wind, Solar Power Falter

(1/9) > >>

mystery-ak:
Joel B. Pollak 16 Aug 2020

California suffered a second day of rolling electricity blackouts on Saturday evening as the state’s power grid struggled to deal with a heat wave that caused a surge in consumer demand.

There was widespread public confusion, as the state’s electricity grid operator had said earlier in the day that no blackouts would be necessary.

--- Quote ---Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Mike Shellenberger
@ShellenbergerMD
Replying to @ShellenbergerMD
At 4:21 pm California’s electric grid operator said  “no emergencies planned”

At 7:51 pm  it said “Stage 3 Emergency” & rolling blackouts!

Why?

Too little nat gas (lost 470-MW plant) & too much unreliable wind (loss of 1,000-MW)

The climate crusade is putting lives at risk
--- End quote ---

more
https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2020/08/16/california-suffers-2-days-of-blackouts-as-wind-solar-power-falter/

Bigun:
Getting what you voted for good and hard!

SZonian:

--- Quote from: Bigun on August 16, 2020, 04:29:32 pm ---Getting what you voted for good and hard!

--- End quote ---
I realize you probably(?) meant it for the libtards, but us conservatives have to suffer through this idiocy as well.

Temps are 110+ with higher than usual humidity which means swamp units are very ineffective in the desert areas.

Many rely solely on swamp units and don't have AC, which means the elderly and infirm are at higher risk.

Forecast in our area says it will last through next week btw.

skeeter:

--- Quote from: SZonian on August 16, 2020, 05:57:14 pm ---I realize you probably(?) meant it for the libtards, but us conservatives have to suffer through this idiocy as well.

Temps are 110+ with higher than usual humidity which means swamp units are very ineffective in the desert areas.

Many rely solely on swamp units and don't have AC, which means the elderly and infirm are at higher risk.

Forecast in our area says it will last through next week btw.

--- End quote ---

We had an epic lightening storm last night on the coast here in central CA. Weirdest weather I've seen in decades.

aligncare:

--- Quote from: skeeter on August 16, 2020, 06:03:16 pm ---We had an epic lightening storm last night on the coast here in central CA. Weirdest weather I've seen in decades.

--- End quote ---

Weather change. Damn SUV’S!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version