Author Topic: The Coronavirus lockdown is one of the biggest mistakes in the history of this country  (Read 263 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 16, 2020
The Coronavirus lockdown is one of the biggest mistakes in the history of this country
By John J. Duncan, Jr.

As I write this, 1.6% of the U.S. population have tested positive for Coronavirus— 5.2 million out of our 330 million people.

This figure probably shocks most people, because the mainstream media has tried as hard as possible to make this pandemic seem far worse than it actually is.

Every day there are repeated news reports about passing another “grim milestone”.

Over 166,000 have died with their deaths being attributed to the virus.

However, there have been numerous reports that many, possibly even most, of these deaths have been with “comorbidities” that could have been the primary cause.

Age could also have been the main factor in many of the deaths, with some countries reporting two-thirds of the deceased being over 70 and many over 80.

Having had deaths in my own family (although not from the virus), I am certainly not making light of these deaths.

Every day, in the U.S., approximately 8,000 people die, and every death is sad, tragic, or even horrible.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/08/the_coronavirus_lockdown_is_one_of_the_biggest_mistakes_in_the_history_of_this_country.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Absalom

History will be the final judge, yet he is likely on the mark.
Reflect:
* the Black Death killed an average of 50,000,000 a year, for 4 years.
* Spanish Influenza killed some 50,000,000 in 1919.
* Covid-19 has killed some 775,000 in 9 months.

Offline LegalAmerican

AND...THAT IS WHAT ALL DEMON-RAT GOVERNORS....DEMAND.  Same in my Nevada.  LOCK DOWN AND MASK WEARING. 

I wore my FIRST mask today.  Well, I put it over my ears, and UNDER MY CHIN.  No one said a word.  lol.  Have a mask, then don't use it. Let it dangle.  lol   I didn't want to explain again, How I need oxygen as I run 'low".  Hospital has the records.

BTW...HINDSIGHT IS GREAT ISN'T IT?  Where were these people, when CHINA was showing us VIDEO'S of people, hacking up blood and just falling over dead? LAYING IN A POOL OF BLOOD?  We didn't know,  what was going to happen, or how bad things could be.  Then the burning of houses in China, with people inside. INNOCENT.  The constant cremation, going on in CHINA. 

NOW,  AFTER THE FACT.....THEY HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS.   BOGUS.  ARTICLE LIKE THIS ANNOY ME.  MY PET PEEVE.  That 20/20...after all is said and done. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 12:44:18 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My sister, her husband and one daughter tested positive with varying symptoms, and are doing quarantine.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DB

The real question is how much has the US death rate changed from all causes each month this year compared to the averages of previous years?

That will be closest to the truth.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Country? More like the world.

Following in lockstep with an avowed Communist at the head of the WHO, along with Italians who have consistently had worse outcomes for infectious diseases than the rest of the world and used the Internet to scare the world into compliance when they realized they'd lost control... using Chinese data that we now know was almost certainly fraudulent and exaggerated how effective their extreme measures were as the basis for the lockdowns allegedly being short term (a couple months at most)... failing to recognize when the virus was already spreading rampantly through New York City and only after it had become entrenched (though we had nowhere near enough testing to tell) did they decide to take a hardline stance... assuming the virus was far more widespread than it actually was because that testing was lacking... wildly inaccurate guesses on how much hospital capacity would be needed... ignoring the second wave out of Latin America and blaming the repeal of the lockdowns on the increase in the south and west during the summer... downplaying the utter failure of lockdown to stop the virus in California while ignoring rural states such as South Dakota that managed to avoid wide outbreaks without the shutdowns... abandoning efficacy studies on countless potential treatment options and relying on flawed data to assess the efficacy others (most glaringly in the case of HCQ)... inaccurate PCR testing that cannot filter out false positives or tell viable virus from dead fragments... and most dangerously, holding the sports and entertainment industry, and much of public education, hostage until a vaccine is made available—which has historically taken decades and may not even provide lasting effects.

Yeah, that's not just one mistake; that's a cascade of a bunch of massive mistakes.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LegalAmerican

The real question is how much has the US death rate changed from all causes each month this year compared to the averages of previous years?

BINGO. I read,  we had ONE MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DIE,  FROM DIABETES ALONE.  We have cancer, heart attacks, car accidents, people falling from LACK of oxygen!   We have a lot MORE die,  from our regular flu's.  They are still out there.  Enterovirus. SWINE FLU...SARS. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

There's one flaw to that approach:

The average life expectancy in the United States is about 75 years old. 1946, the start of the Baby Boomer era, was 74 years ago. So naturally there will be a bump in deaths beginning in 2020 because the boomers are nearing the end of their lives. How convenient that the virus just happens to coincide with that expected bump and just happens to mostly kill people over 70. Hmm.

Plus, you have the issue of suicides and overdoses caused by the lockdown and the loss of socialization.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 02:18:33 am by jmyrlefuller »

Offline LegalAmerican

My sister, her husband and one daughter tested positive with varying symptoms, and are doing quarantine.

Let us know how they are doing.  Best wishes.  It was, NO BIG deal for me. 
Are you able to post what  their symptoms are?  All I had was a low temp for about 5 days running and only in LATE AFTERNOON.  That was it.

Offline DB

There's one flaw to that approach:

The average life expectancy in the United States is about 75 years old. 1946, the start of the Baby Boomer era, was 74 years ago. So naturally there will be a bump in deaths beginning in 2020 because the boomers are nearing the end of their lives. How convenient that the virus just happens to coincide with that expected bump and just happens to mostly kill people over 70. Hmm.

Plus, you have the issue of suicides and overdoses caused by the lockdown and the loss of socialization.

Hence "closest to the truth".

There were also many less people driving so auto accident deaths are probably much lower than normal.

It isn't perfect. Didn't say it was.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Let us know how they are doing.  Best wishes.  It was, NO BIG deal for me. 
Are you able to post what  their symptoms are?  All I had was a low temp for about 5 days running and only in LATE AFTERNOON.  That was it.

The worst of the lot, to date is my sister with elevatted temp for 9  days, up to 103. All sent to quar. taking Tylenol, Z-pack.

Their newly minted Dr. cousin agreed with treatments. The most mild symptoms were the father, who went to his shop ad worked. Little-no discomfort.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Hence "closest to the truth".

There were also many less people driving so auto accident deaths are probably much lower than normal.

It isn't perfect. Didn't say it was.
I'm just saying that there have been people (doomsayers) who've done this and concluded there have been 200,000 "excess deaths." More than have been attributed to the virus, and they use that as an excuse to claim that they're undercounting—when in reality there was always going to be a bump in deaths in the early 2020s because of the Boomers reaching life expectancy and many of those alleged "excess deaths" were caused by the lockdown, not the virus.

Offline LegalAmerican

The worst of the lot, to date is my sister with elevatted temp for 9  days, up to 103. All sent to quar. taking Tylenol, Z-pack.

Their newly minted Dr. cousin agreed with treatments. The most mild symptoms were the father, who went to his shop ad worked. Little-no discomfort.

Wow, that is high for a mature adult.  I had about 99 degrees.  That was it.  I took, silver, Zinc, homemade elderberry tincture and green tea.