Author Topic: China Unquarantined  (Read 403 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
China Unquarantined
« on: August 15, 2020, 05:59:46 pm »
China Unquarantined

COVID-19 shows the dangers that the Western world ignored when it embraced the CCP imperial dynasty

The COVID-19 pandemic is the single greatest global peacetime catastrophe that humanity has suffered since the end of the Second World War. Barely months into what promises to be a multiyear disaster, the pandemic has already cost America alone over 100,000 lives, tens of millions of jobs, and trillions of dollars in lost output, income, and wealth. The ultimate toll for the world as a whole from this pandemic — both the direct and the indirect consequences — may still lie beyond imagining.

How did such a terrible calamity befall humanity? This grave question is not only an epidemiological puzzle. It is also a political one.

As is increasingly understood in the United States and abroad, the Chinese government and its agents bear a terrible and immediate responsibility for conduct that turned a localized contagion into a global pandemic. But the COVID-19 disaster could not have devastated America and the world as it is now doing if China were still an impoverished, isolated Maoist outpost, with scant global contact, involvement, or influence. The world is suffering a planetary plague because China today is deeply integrated into the world economy, and into the institutions of global governance as well — even though it is ruled by a dictatorship whose values, priorities, and objectives are fundamentally incompatible with those of the liberal international order.

It was not by accident or happenstance that China became a major player in the world economy and, more broadly, in the liberal international order that the United States was instrumental in fashioning. That outcome, rather, is largely a result of concerted American policy...

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2020/06/22/our-disastrous-engagement-of-china/

-- excerpt, rest at link above --
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 03:11:42 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: China Unquarantined
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 06:05:56 pm »
MY alternative headline:

This is how we got ourselves into the damned mess in the first place!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 01:29:42 am »
The OP link does not work, but this is the url, https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2020/06/22/our-disastrous-engagement-of-china/ .

As a general FYI, when copying from a discussion forum whose forum SW truncates urls by replacing some of the characters in the url with "...", copying that forum post will result in the url being incomplete when it is posted here or other discussion forums. One common forum SW that truncates urls is vBulletin, but others may do it as well.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 03:12:46 am »
The OP link does not work, but this is the url, https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2020/06/22/our-disastrous-engagement-of-china/ .

As a general FYI, when copying from a discussion forum whose forum SW truncates urls by replacing some of the characters in the url with "...", copying that forum post will result in the url being incomplete when it is posted here or other discussion forums. One common forum SW that truncates urls is vBulletin, but others may do it as well.

Thanks @PeteS in CA

I fixed the OP link.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 02:33:28 pm »
China Unquarantined

COVID-19 shows the dangers that the Western world ignored when it embraced the CCP imperial dynasty

The COVID-19 pandemic is the single greatest global peacetime catastrophe that humanity has suffered since the end of the Second World War. Barely months into what promises to be a multiyear disaster, the pandemic has already cost America alone over 100,000 lives, tens of millions of jobs, and trillions of dollars in lost output, income, and wealth. The ultimate toll for the world as a whole from this pandemic — both the direct and the indirect consequences — may still lie beyond imagining.

How did such a terrible calamity befall humanity? This grave question is not only an epidemiological puzzle. It is also a political one.

As is increasingly understood in the United States and abroad, the Chinese government and its agents bear a terrible and immediate responsibility for conduct that turned a localized contagion into a global pandemic. But the COVID-19 disaster could not have devastated America and the world as it is now doing if China were still an impoverished, isolated Maoist outpost, with scant global contact, involvement, or influence. The world is suffering a planetary plague because China today is deeply integrated into the world economy, and into the institutions of global governance as well — even though it is ruled by a dictatorship whose values, priorities, and objectives are fundamentally incompatible with those of the liberal international order.

It was not by accident or happenstance that China became a major player in the world economy and, more broadly, in the liberal international order that the United States was instrumental in fashioning. That outcome, rather, is largely a result of concerted American policy...

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2020/06/22/our-disastrous-engagement-of-china/

-- excerpt, rest at link above --

@Bigun

Thanks for posting this and the link. I,and others have been screaming bloody murder about this ever since the Clinton and the Bush Clans got together and decided to sell America to China for personal gain,in maybe the first act of Treason by American Presidents.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!