Author Topic: Duke University Economist Calls for $12 Trillion in Slavery Reparations  (Read 1724 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joshua Caplan 14 Aug 2020

Duke University economist William Darity Jr. and his wife Kirsten Mullen have co-authored a report proposing $12 trillion in reparations for Americans whose ancestors were enslaved.

The plan, written for The Roosevelt Institute, calls for between $10 trillion and $12 trillion — approximately $800,000 per African-American household — to be paid.

“[The] US government—the culpable party—must pay the debt,” the report proclaims. “Ultimately, respect for black Americans as people and as citizens—and acknowledgment, redress, and closure for the history and financial hardship they have endured—requires monetary compensation.”

The proposal has been dismissed by conservative and libertarian-leaning experts, who say it would greatly hinder economic growth.

“Our national debt is already now up to around $26-27 trillion given the money we’re spending on Covid,” said Cato Institute fellow Michael Tanner. “And we’re losing more money because we’re not picking up the revenue because economic growth is so slow right now. This hardly seems the time to burden the economy with more debt, more taxes. Essentially what you want to do is stimulate economic growth for all our benefits.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/14/duke-university-economist-calls-for-12-trillion-in-slavery-reparations/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Re: Duke University Economist Calls for $12 Trillion in Slavery Reparations
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 05:42:12 pm »
 :#@$%:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 05:59:21 pm »
 :3:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 06:15:32 pm »
Sure, no problem!  And, to ensure the right people are paying for the reparations, they'll be paid out in Confederate currency.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 06:21:30 pm »
The plan, written for The Roosevelt Institute, calls for between $10 trillion and $12 trillion — approximately $800,000 per African-American household — to be paid.

We have already cumulatively paid that over the last 60 years in programs and benefits (direct and indirect) to the African American citizens of this country to help them rise up, and take advantage of the opportunities afforded to all people here in the great country.   

Sadly, there has never been a group of people do so little with so much that was afforded them.   At some point the race baiters and apologists just need to face the fact that throwing money at a problem(so they fell all warm and fuzzy about themselves) will not make it go away.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 08:03:53 pm »

And how much the following year?  And the year after that?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 08:46:46 pm »
Give them a big initial lump sump award.

Give them Baltimore, St. Louis, Detroit, Memphis and Oakland.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 09:07:54 pm »

We have already cumulatively paid that over the last 60 years in programs and benefits (direct and indirect) to the African American citizens of this country to help them rise up, and take advantage of the opportunities afforded to all people here in the great country.   

Sadly, there has never been a group of people do so little with so much that was afforded them.   At some point the race baiters and apologists just need to face the fact that throwing money at a problem(so they fell all warm and fuzzy about themselves) will not make it go away.

17 TRILLION IN WELFARE....SINCE LBJ.   

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2020, 10:06:49 pm »
Reparations for slavery have already been paid in a form more precious thatn $12 trillion of fiat currency:  the blood of Union soldiers.

I'm willing to talk about reparations for black veterans having been screwed out of the full benefits of the GI bill and VA mortgages by racist (the real meaning of the word) administration of the program and red-lining, and even have a proposal:  Anyone alive at the time the reparations bill comes into effect who can show they are the direct descendant of a black WWII or Korean War vet who either didn't get to college at all under the GI bill or went to a college ranked lower than 100th in the nation at the time, together with their natural children, get the equivalent of GI bill education benefits.  Anyone alive at the time the reparations bill takes effect who can show they are the direct descendant of a black WWII or Korean War vet gets the right to VA-type home loans for themselves and their natural children. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 10:22:31 pm »
Duke University Economist Calls for $12 Trillion in Slavery Reparations

That pretty much tells you the value of an economic degree.

BTW,do a web search for William Darity Jr. and his wife,and you will see that Affirmative Action is still alive and unwell at Duke University.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 10:31:59 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2020, 10:47:38 pm »
Send the Bill to the Houses of Commons and Lords who initiated
and controlled Slavery in the Colonies for its first 180 years.
We can talk after they settle up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2020, 10:55:31 pm »
The professor must have his eye on a new Ferrari or something.

I'll blow my whole wad in Vegas before I let this slug have a penny.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 10:57:31 pm by skeeter »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2020, 11:06:34 pm »
The professor must have his eye on a new Ferrari or something.

I'll blow my whole wad in Vegas before I let this slug have a penny.

lol. I can bet, if this 'reparations' were paid, they would come back with some asking for TRILLIONS FOR
"GOOD WILL'.  IT IS NEVER ENOUGH.  I would give to reparations, if I get paid too, for BLACK MUSLIMS HAVING MY ANCESTORS IN SLAVERY,  AT BARBARY COAST.  MILLIONS OF WHITE CHRISTIANS WERE SLAVES TO BLACK MUSLIMS.  BLACK BUSINESSMEN IN USA....USED BOTH WHITE & BLACK SLAVES.  It is AFRICA..they should be asking for reparations from. Black tribesmen sold other blacks to slave traders, who some were also, black.  CIRQUE. Then Anthony Johnson, a black man created slavery in colonies in about 1630 ish.  His indentured servant's time was paid, but he wanted to hOLD ONTO THE MAN.  He went to court and won!  FIRST SLAVE BY BLACK ANTHONY JOHNSON.  I think, some lessons are in order for most educators.  IDIOTS.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 11:08:18 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2020, 11:27:44 pm »
If these people are so smart, why don't they KNOW about real history. Black people were black slave holders!

Shocking History: William Ellison And Anthony Johnson Were Black Slave Owners

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 11:29:05 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2020, 11:31:12 pm »

lol. I can bet, if this 'reparations' were paid, they would come back with some asking for TRILLIONS FOR
"GOOD WILL'.  IT IS NEVER ENOUGH.  I would give to reparations, if I get paid too, for BLACK MUSLIMS HAVING MY ANCESTORS IN SLAVERY,  AT BARBARY COAST.  MILLIONS OF WHITE CHRISTIANS WERE SLAVES TO BLACK MUSLIMS.  BLACK BUSINESSMEN IN USA....USED BOTH WHITE & BLACK SLAVES.  It is AFRICA..they should be asking for reparations from. Black tribesmen sold other blacks to slave traders, who some were also, black.  CIRQUE. Then Anthony Johnson, a black man created slavery in colonies in about 1630 ish.  His indentured servant's time was paid, but he wanted to hOLD ONTO THE MAN.  He went to court and won!  FIRST SLAVE BY BLACK ANTHONY JOHNSON.  I think, some lessons are in order for most educators.  IDIOTS.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

To anyone who believes ANY amount of reparations will shut the civil right racketeers mouths for even a year, I know a Nigerian Prince who will pay you plenty if you'd only send him your bank acct info.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2020, 11:37:53 pm »
When are facts going to be told?

2 - The White Slave Trade of Africa

In this episode we look at the white slave trade in Africa, where Barbary Pirates kidnapped Europeans and sold them into slavery, attacking shipping as well as infiltrating coastal villages and islands. The episode looks at the extent this problem had on Europe and America between the 16th-19th Century.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Barbary Pirates and White Slavery

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 11:40:16 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2020, 11:42:28 pm »
To anyone who believes ANY amount of reparations will shut the civil right racketeers mouths for even a year, I know a Nigerian Prince who will pay you plenty if you'd only send him your bank acct info.

BINGO!   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2020, 11:45:38 pm »
When are facts going to be told?

2 - The White Slave Trade of Africa

In this episode we look at the white slave trade in Africa, where Barbary Pirates kidnapped Europeans and sold them into slavery, attacking shipping as well as infiltrating coastal villages and islands. The episode looks at the extent this problem had on Europe and America between the 16th-19th Century.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Barbary Pirates and White Slavery

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

@LegalAmerican

Not just the Barbary Pirates,either.

IIRC,the first RECORDED example of whites being kidnapped and sold into slavery in Africa were when Viking raiders hit an Irish fishing village,killed most of the adult males,and then enslaved the surviving males,the females,and the children,and took them to Africa to trade them for gold. IIRC,and this is not certain by any means,this was in the 6th Century.

BTW,we know this because those Vikings had a Muslim scribe with them on the trip. They had traded with his Emir in the past,and he wanted to go with them to learn their ways to better do trade deals,and they wanted him with them so they could learn how his people thought. IIRC,he "went native" before the trip was over,and became one of them.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 11:48:09 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2020, 11:48:40 pm »
And Jesus was NOT black. Neither was Santa.   

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2020, 11:55:47 pm »
@LegalAmerican

Not just the Barbary Pirates,either.

IIRC,the first RECORDED example of whites being kidnapped and sold into slavery in Africa were when Viking raiders hit an Irish fishing village,killed most of the adult males,and then enslaved the surviving males,the females,and the children,and took them to Africa to trade them for gold. IIRC,and this is not certain by any means,this was in the 6th Century.

BTW,we know this because those Vikings had a Muslim scribe with them on the trip. They had traded with his Emir in the past,and he wanted to go with them to learn their ways to better do trade deals,and they wanted him with them so they could learn how his people thought. IIRC,he "went native" before the trip was over,and became one of them.

Yes. I agree.  IRISH SLAVES.  The Slaves that Time Forgot.  JOHN MARTIN.  The women were made to breed with black men, to create, more & "cheaper" black slaves.  Black slaves were more expensive and valued more,  than white slaves. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2020, 11:58:17 pm »
Could someone please kindly ask LA to stop posting all those Vids.   Just asking (in lower case letters) 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2020, 11:59:03 pm »
And Jesus was NOT black. Neither was Santa.

It really doesn't matter, does it?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2020, 12:00:55 am »

Not to people I know.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2020, 12:10:28 am »
Could someone please kindly ask LA to stop posting all those Vids.   Just asking (in lower case letters)

WHY?  You don't want to know any facts?  I am a senior with bad eyesight.  I just type.  When cap sticks, I just go for it. trying to get my thought out.  can you hear my caps?  Something about this truth, and facts are not setting well,  for you, so you attack my typing skills. WHICH ARE VERY BAD. 

BTW..I was already done posting videos.  Just scroll past or listen to get informed.  Your choice.  I backed up everything I said.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 12:15:42 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2020, 12:13:31 am »

Yes it does, because now the black race wants to say, they were both black.  Same as all the lies about, reparations. 
culture appropriation.  I did just happen, onto to this video.  I thought it was informative.