Author Topic: Donald Trump Backs Postmaster General: He Wants to Make Post Office Great Again  (Read 541 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charlie Spiering 15 Aug 2020

President Donald Trump backed Postmaster General Louis DeJoy on Saturday, despite criticism from outraged Democrats about his changes to the Post Office.

“He’s a fantastic man, he wants to make the Post Office great again,” Trump said at a press conference at his club in Bedminster, New Jersey, on Saturday evening.

Leftist protesters gathered at DeJoy’s home on Saturday accusing him of voter suppression.

The president described DeJoy as “a very efficient operator” and said it was not true that he was trying to slow vote-by-mail.

“No, not at all, he would love to see it happen,” Trump said to a reporter questioning his motives regarding the upcoming election.

The postal service sent letters last week warning 46 states that it could not guarantee that all mail-in ballots cast for the presidential election would arrive on time.

The president said he was unaware of reports about the Post Office moving postal boxes in cities and getting rid of high capacity sorting machines.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/15/donald-trump-backs-postmaster-general-he-wants-to-make-post-office-great-again/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

When the Postal Service was split off as a government owned corporation, congress retained authority over the governance and dictates postal rates and refuses to allow the USPS to offer services that compete with non-government owned corporations. The USPS tried to offer ebillpay and other services to boost revenue but congress shut it down and will not allow the rates to rise.  All while mandating that every address in the US get mail delivered 6 days a week and that first class mail has to be delivered within days (forgot what the exact time limit is) no matter where it is mailed from.  The USPS has mule teams taking mail down into the Grand Canyon daily, that is how rigid congress has made the rules.
If we want the USPS to be successful we have to get congress out of the way.

Offline DB

The democrats want to give the post office 3.5 billion dollars to handle mail in ballots for the next election.

Just to make that clear, that's about $70 for every ballot they handle, if they were to handle 50 million ballots... And that's if nearly no one votes at an actual polling place...

Just another Democrat boondoggle.

Offline LegalAmerican

He talks about POST OFFICE. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If we want the USPS to be successful we have to get congress out of the way.

Speaking as a retired letter carrier,the biggest problems with the USPS is the freaking communist union leadership,and the AA supervisors and station managers. If you are blind,crippled,and a cross-dressing trans-sexual who is black,you are guaranteed to ace the exam and be hired right off the street at a station manager.

OK,OK,that is an exaggeration. You WILL be hired as a letter carrier or a clerk,though,and once your probationary period has ended,you can start filing discrimination complaints,and THAT is will get you promoted to a management position. ESPECIALLY if you are a homosexual. I saw this  happen,and ended up working for one of the slugs for a short period before she got promoted to a bigger job to get rid of her. Of course,her girlfriend got promoted to a similar job at a station in the same city she went to so the happy couple wouldn't be separated.

She was such a charming bitch,too. I was a T6 covering my second route for the day and came back to the station later than she wanted,and she met me on the loading dock and starting ranting and raving about how "You men are useless! You should all be castrated at birth!" I am sure she might have had more,but that was when I told her that if she didn't STFU I was going to knock her ugly ass out. She then stormed into her office and locked the door. She was only there a couple more months before getting her promotion to another city,but she pretty much left me alone after that. It didn't stop her from talking to the other letter carriers like that,though. Only the males,of course. Female letter carriers never head a single negative word from her.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

Speaking as a retired letter carrier,the biggest problems with the USPS is the freaking communist union leadership,and the AA supervisors and station managers. If you are blind,crippled,and a cross-dressing trans-sexual who is black,you are guaranteed to ace the exam and be hired right off the street at a station manager.

OK,OK,that is an exaggeration. You WILL be hired as a letter carrier or a clerk,though,and once your probationary period has ended,you can start filing discrimination complaints,and THAT is will get you promoted to a management position. ESPECIALLY if you are a homosexual. I saw this  happen,and ended up working for one of the slugs for a short period before she got promoted to a bigger job to get rid of her. Of course,her girlfriend got promoted to a similar job at a station in the same city she went to so the happy couple wouldn't be separated.

She was such a charming bitch,too. I was a T6 covering my second route for the day and came back to the station later than she wanted,and she met me on the loading dock and starting ranting and raving about how "You men are useless! You should all be castrated at birth!" I am sure she might have had more,but that was when I told her that if she didn't STFU I was going to knock her ugly ass out. She then stormed into her office and locked the door. She was only there a couple more months before getting her promotion to another city,but she pretty much left me alone after that. It didn't stop her from talking to the other letter carriers like that,though. Only the males,of course. Female letter carriers never head a single negative word from her.
The USPS is between a rock and a hard place, the union and congress.  If the USPS stands up to the union and they strike then congress raises hell... Terrible position for the organization...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The USPS is between a rock and a hard place, the union and congress.  If the USPS stands up to the union and they strike then congress raises hell... Terrible position for the organization...

@EdinVA

No kidding. Lose/lose.

ESPECIALLY with the media backing anarchy and wanting to use USPS as a tool against Trump in an election year.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!