Author Topic: A New Spy Plane Could Spot Targets For The U.S. Army’s Thousand-Mile Weapons  (Read 229 times)

rangerrebew

A New Spy Plane Could Spot Targets For The U.S. Army’s Thousand-Mile Weapons
David Axe

The U.S. Army has new, experimental spy planes and the service is flying them over the western Pacific near China.

It’s pretty obvious why. The Army is trying to figure out its role in a possible war between the United States and China, and buying high-tech new equipment to support that role. Giant artillery pieces. Super-fast rockets.

But all the fancy new cannons and missiles need targets to shoot at. New surveillance planes could help spot those targets.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2020/08/13/a-new-spy-plane-could-spot-targets-for-the-us-armys-thousand-mile-weapons/#57736c7d2b87

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If they need a target I suggest a Biolab in Wuhan.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline EdinVA

So, we mothballed the SR-71 because we had satellites but now we need a new spy plane?
We dumped mobile and effective battleships because they were not effective and have replaced them with them with thousand mile weapons that we cannot get any closer than 1000 miles to the target?
We spend years and billions developing cruise missiles with pin point accuracy, super high speed and large warhead but developed a thousand mile cannon?
I want our troops to have all we can provide but are we being played again?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
So, we mothballed the SR-71 because we had satellites but now we need a new spy plane?
We dumped mobile and effective battleships because they were not effective and have replaced them with them with thousand mile weapons that we cannot get any closer than 1000 miles to the target?
We spend years and billions developing cruise missiles with pin point accuracy, super high speed and large warhead but developed a thousand mile cannon?
I want our troops to have all we can provide but are we being played again?

I don't know about being played. More like beat into submission with $500/each hammers.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Slide Rule

If they need a target I suggest a Biolab in Wuhan.

Or Portland.

Slide Rule
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Or Portland.

Slide Rule

Yeah. No. Practice fire only. One shot, maybe two. Anything else would be a waste of ammo.