Author Topic: Durham probe: Ex-FBI lawyer to plead guilty in first criminal case arising from review, attorney say  (Read 953 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Durham probe: Ex-FBI lawyer to plead guilty in first criminal case arising from review, attorney says

Clinesmith was referred for potential prosecution by the Justice Department's inspector general's office

Former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith will plead guilty to making a false statement in the first criminal case arising from U.S. Attorney John Durham's review of the investigation into links between Russia and the 2016 Trump campaign, Clinesmith's attorney told The Associated Press on Friday.

Clinesmith was referred for potential prosecution by the Justice Department's inspector general's office, which conducted its own review of the Russia investigation. Specifically, the inspector general accused Clinesmith, though not by name, of altering an email about former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page to say that he was "not a source" for another government agency. Page has said he was a source for the CIA. The DOJ relied on that assertion as it submitted a third and final renewal application in 2017 to eavesdrop on Page under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

Clinesmith is being charged in federal court in Washington and is expected to plead guilty to one count of making a false statement, his attorney Justin Shur told The Associated Press...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/durham-probe-ex-fbi-lawyer-to-plead-guilty-in-first-criminal-case-arising-from-review-attorney-says
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

There better be some much bigger fish on the hook.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
There better be some much bigger fish on the hook.

I wonder who he has rolled over on?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline rustynail

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'm guessing that this is just the beginning of a LONG parade!  At least I sincerely hope it is!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith expected to plead guilty in Durham investigation
by Jerry Dunleavy, Justice Department Reporter |
 | August 14, 2020 12:25 PM

A former lawyer with the FBI plans to plead guilty Friday to falsifying a key document related to surveillance against a onetime Trump campaign associate as part of a deal with U.S. Attorney John Durham.

Kevin Clinesmith, who worked on both the Hillary Clinton emails investigation and the Trump-Russia inquiry, will admit that he falsified a document during the bureau’s targeting of Carter Page, according to multiple reports. Clinesmith, 38, claimed in early 2017 that Page was not a source for the CIA when he actually was — a falsehood used to obtain a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act renewal against Page.

Attorney General William Barr had hinted at a “development” in Durham’s investigation during a Fox News interview on Thursday night. Clinesmith’s lawyer did not immediately return the Washington Examiner's request for comment.

Clinesmith is not directly named in Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz's report, but it is clear he is the "Office of General Counsel attorney" who had been acting in response to a question by an FBI agent who was part of the team investigating the Trump campaign.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ex-fbi-lawyer-kevin-clinesmith-expected-to-plead-guilty-in-durham-investigation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Kevin Clinesmith, Corrupt FBI Attorney Who Falsified Carter Page FISA Warrant, Expected To Plead Guilty

https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/14/kevin-clinesmith-corrupt-fbi-attorney-who-falsified-carter-page-fisa-warrant-expected-to-plead-guilty/

A top FBI lawyer who fabricated evidence in a federal spy warrant against Trump campaign affiliate Carter Page is expected to plead guilty to federal charges brought by U.S. Attorney John Durham. Kevin Clinesmith, who is expected to admit to deliberately fabricating evidence in a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant application, used to spy on a former campaign affiliate of President Donald Trump, was a top attorney in the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Office of General Counsel (OGC) and a key agency attorney under fired former FBI Director James Comey.

Clinesmith is the first individual to be charged as part of U.S. Attorney John Durham’s investigation into the efforts in 2016 and 2017 to spy on the Trump campaign and Trump administration. ...
According to the OIG report, Clinesmith “
  • mitted Page’s prior relationship with another U.S. government agency, despite being reminded by the other agency in June 2017, prior to the filing of the final [FISA warrant] renewal application, about Page’s past status with that other agency.”

“Instead of including this information in the final renewal application,” the OIG report stated, Clinesmith “altered an email from the other agency so that the email stated that Page was ‘not a source’ for the other agency, which the FBI affiant relied upon in signing the final renewal application.”

Lone shoe or first in a shoe shower? If there's a plea deal in play .......
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline EdinVA

We got 'em on the run now.....  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Yawn!  Don't hold your breath for meat and potatoes.  This isn't even a sprig of parsley!

And AG Barr lied last night on Hannity when he indicated this investigation will continue after the November election.  That will ONLY happen if Trump wins and the Republicans retain control of at least one of the Congressional houses.  If the Dems win, this investigation gets shut down, and that will be the end of it.

Ever since the Benghazi investigation by Trey Gowdy, a supposed champion investigator/prosecutor, I have lowered any expectations from Republicans.  They just do not deliver.

Until every person is strapped into a chair and fried or swinging from a rope that was involved with the sedition and treason to destroy our republic with the coup against Trump, there just is no justice in Washington.  None!!!!

When Trump became POTUS and announced that nothing would be done to HR Clinton from a criminal perspective, I knew that the swamp was very much in control!!!!

Offline skeeter

Isn't this how these prosecutions go - low hanging fruit first & work the way up the ladder?

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online DB

I'll make this pledge right now.

If Barr indicts Comey I'll vote for Trump. That piece of shit needs to go down hard.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Mod1

Threads merged.

Online mountaineer

Clinesmith, In Order to Save Himself, Has Implicated Others on Crossfire Hurricane — Who Ultimately Hid the Exculpatory Info From the FISA Court?
By Cristina Laila
Published August 14, 2020 at 2:31pm
Former FBI Attorney Kevin Clinesmith is expected to plead guilty to altering Carter Page evidence to support the FISA warrant used to spy on the Donald Trump campaign in 2016.

However, Clinesmith, in order to save himself, implicated others on Crossfire Hurricane.  ...
Article at The Gateway Pundit.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Carter Page: Corrupt FBI Attorney Kevin Clinesmith ‘Put My Very Life At Risk’
Kevin Clinesmith 'put my very life at risk,' Carter Page told The Federalist on Friday, after Clinesmith was charged by DOJ with fabricating evidence to justify illegal spy warrants against Page.
By Sean Davis
August 14, 2020

The actions of Kevin Clinesmith, the corrupt former Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) lawyer who was charged in federal court on Friday with falsifying evidence, threatened the life of Carter Page, the former Naval officer and Trump campaign affiliate told The Federalist. The Department of Justice (DOJ) charged Clinesmith with deliberately fabricating evidence used to justify a federal warrant to spy on Page in 2017.

“Clinesmith, his organization, and their associates put my very life at risk, leading to abusive calls and death threats because of my personal opinions and support for President Trump,” Page told The Federalist. “There is a long way to go on the road to restoring justice in America, but certainly a good first step has now been taken.” ...  More at the Federalist.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

I'll make this pledge right now.

If Barr indicts Comey I'll vote for Trump. That piece of shit needs to go down hard.

In my humble opinion you should vote for Trump because he can get business and the economy rolling again like no other candidate; as he had already demonstrated he can do from his first three and a half years repairing Obama’s blunders to the economy.

Comey going down would just be icing. In my humble opinion.

Online DB

In my humble opinion you should vote for Trump because he can get business and the economy rolling again like no other candidate; as he had already demonstrated he can do from his first three and a half years repairing Obama’s blunders to the economy.

Comey going down would just be icing. In my humble opinion.

He spent $3,000,000,000,000+ of printed money doing that. If the economy was truly doing great there wouldn't be massive record deficits to achieve it. We've been partying on the credit card - only with a card that devalues our currency as a result. Hence why gold is over $2,000 an oz.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Bigun

Himself. This is the 21st Century,and the professional criminal classes we call "politicians" are much more sophisticated than they used to be. The only one he will be testifying against is himself,and even that will be to a VERY minor crime. It will also be insurance that he won't be charged or tried for any similar crimes related to what he plead guilty to.

He pleads guilty to that ONE count,they slap his pee-pee,say "Bad BOY,BAD!" 3 times,and remove him from government so he is free to take the highly-paid "consultant" job with a DC "think tank",making 'murika once again safe for the lobbyists and other corporate critters.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!