Author Topic: Democrats And Republicans Agree: Phase Out Land-Based Nuclear Missiles  (Read 293 times)

rangerrebew

Editors' Pick|2,930 views|Aug 12, 2020,10:51am EDT
Democrats And Republicans Agree: Phase Out Land-Based Nuclear Missiles
Matt Korda

Although Democrats and Republicans increasingly seem worlds apart, when it comes to nuclear weapons issues, they’re actually much closer than one might think.

According to a new report by the Program for Public Consultation at the University of Maryland, 61 percent of Americans–including both Democratic and Republican majorities–are in favor of phasing out the United States’ aging fleet of 400 intercontinental ballistic missiles. This finding is highly noteworthy, as it runs in direct contrast to the Pentagon’s current plan of spending approximately $100 billion to buy a brand-new generation of ICBMs by 2030.

The survey, entitled “Common Ground of the American People,” is a compilation of studies conducted over the past five years, collecting data from nearly 86,000 individuals throughout the polling process. It specifically aimed to place the respondents into the shoes of a policymaker: respondents were first given an issue briefing, and were then asked to evaluate arguments for and against various policy proposals, before finally offering their recommendations.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewkorda/2020/08/12/democrats-and-republicans-agree-phase-out-land-based-nuclear-missiles/#538266b1109d

rangerrebew

Re: Democrats And Republicans Agree: Phase Out Land-Based Nuclear Missiles
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 11:10:55 am »
Then replace them with things that are mobile and stealthy, like sling shots and pea shooters. *****rollingeyes*****

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 12:40:11 pm »
Let Skynet handle it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 12:43:42 pm »
There have been reports in the last months China is increasing their stockpile of nukes.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 01:26:20 pm »
Over a five year period, 31 in-depth surveys were conducted with 85,921 survey respondents (though some individuals were respondents in more than one survey).

https://vop.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Common_Ground_Brochure.pdf

At least it is an original way to rig the poll... lol

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 02:11:46 pm »
   Are there enough B52's left to reauthorize some form of Operation ChromeDome, doubtful.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 03:24:41 pm »
There have been reports in the last months China is increasing their stockpile of nukes.

And thanks to Bill Clinton, they now have MIRV technology.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 09:23:27 pm »
NO...!

Don't "phase them out".
Instead, UPGRADE and improve them.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 10:46:38 pm »
NO...!

Don't "phase them out".
Instead, UPGRADE and improve them.

Hey...instead of the mere neutron bombs I need, they could upgrade me to ICBMs.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley