Author Topic: Could a Military Intervention Ever Save the Constitution?  (Read 197 times)

rangerrebew

Could a Military Intervention Ever Save the Constitution?
« on: August 13, 2020, 11:02:08 am »

Could a Military Intervention Ever Save the Constitution?

By Paul F. deLespinasse Wednesday, 12 August 2020 10:15 AM 

Although military removal of an American president was depicted fictionally in Seven Days In May, such an operation here has always been considered unthinkable. I myself have long argued against any disruption of orderly, predictable governance.

We assume that such things occur only in countries sometimes disparagingly called "banana republics" or "backward."

There was a typical pattern for Latin American overthrows, one of which benefited me. My favorite high school teacher was in Vallejo, California,only because of one.

https://www.newsmax.com/paulfdelespinasse/constitution-military/2020/08/12/id/981780/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Could a Military Intervention Ever Save the Constitution?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 12:01:24 pm »
Given the "inbreeding" (only graduates of military "trade schools" or AA promotions at the 4-star rank),I don't see this happening unless it is to create a "nobility police state" that is ran by the "right people".

The "right people",of course,being defined as people with family backgrounds identical to theirs.

Hope I am wrong.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 12:15:18 pm »
The information conveniently omitted by the leftist author is that the deep state is up to its neck in the corruption in place and has been involved in silent coup for 4 years.  A "rigged" election requires support from within the federal/state structure.
Unfortunately, the issue for the military is going to be which side?  Support the "deep state" or the people?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 09:25:59 pm »
Question:
"Could a Military Intervention Ever Save the Constitution?"

We're probably going to find out before too much longer...