Author Topic: Researchers create AI bot to protect the identities of BLM protesters  (Read 651 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
https://artificialintelligence-news.com/2020/07/29/researchers-create-ai-bot-protect-identities-blm-protesters/

Researchers from Stanford have created an AI-powered bot to automatically cover up the faces of Black Lives Matter protesters in photos.

Everyone should have the right to protest. And, if done legally, to do so without fear of having things like their future job prospects ruined because they’ve been snapped at a demonstration – from which a select few may have gone on to do criminal acts such as arson and looting.

With images from the protests being widely shared on social media to raise awareness, police have been using the opportunity to add the people featured within them to facial recognition databases.

“Over the past weeks, we have seen an increasing number of arrests at BLM protests, with images circulating around the web enabling automatic identification of those individuals and subsequent arrests to hamper protest activity,” the researchers explain.

Software has been available for some time to blur faces, but recent AI advancements have proved that it’s possible to deblur such images.

Researchers from Stanford Machine Learning set out to develop an automated tool which prevents the real identity of those in an image from being revealed.

The result of their work is BLMPrivacyBot:

More at link.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Researchers create AI bot to protect the identities of BLM protesters
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 11:28:01 pm »
Technology that can be used to protect criminals. 

Seems they (developers) could be be charged as accessories in crimes.  If i was one of the state AG's, I sure would prosecute.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Researchers create AI bot to protect the identities of BLM protesters
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 11:38:11 pm »
Technology that can be used to protect criminals. 

Seems they (developers) could be be charged as accessories in crimes.  If i was one of the state AG's, I sure would prosecute.

Aiding and abetting.

I have the thought if you are going to a protest it is to be seen and/or heard.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley