Author Topic: Harassment, retaliation settlements under Harris as California AG could pose problems for Democrats  (Read 159 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Harassment, retaliation settlements under Harris as California AG could pose problems for Democrats

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/harris-has-history-far-left-policy-positions-health-care-energy-and

As Democratic Party voters focus on race and gender issues, former Vice President Joe Biden's history of racial gaffes and his new running mate Sen. Kamala Harris' record managing a department rife with gender harassment could prove problematic with the Democratic base.
Harris, the presumptive vice presidential nominee, led a Department of Justice in California that had to pay out more than $1 million in settlements related to gender discrimination, harassment and retaliation, and other issues on her watch.
The California Department of Justice payouts to its employees totaled $1.1 million in settlements during Harris' tenure as the state's attorney general (2011-17), according to news reports.

The Los Angeles Times has reported that "the incidents included allegations that DOJ employees sexually harassed and retaliated against co-workers, including claims involving inappropriate touching and cases in which workers felt uncomfortable with the comments and actions of others."

In one case, the department paid close to $35,000 to Harris' former chief deputy attorney general Terry Carbaugh following a "dispute."
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
On Tucker Carlson's program, he pointed out that Kamala Harris deep sixed 40 criminal investigations into priests that had sexually abused children, the only city of the 50 largest cities that did not have at least one go forward in the courts.  So of course it is a touchy subject, one I doubt Trump and Company will exploit, but it is a major issue for me.

Everyone knows the abuse existed, but until I saw the movie Spotlight, I did not know exactly how pervasive the sexual abuse had been.  According to the movie, at the end, they have statistics, and 1 out of 6 priests in the USA sexually assaulted children.

I was raised Catholic, and I was fortunate not to have such an experience, but the damage done to the children and the hierarchy covering it up as they have, it is unacceptable to me.  And politicians aiding in the cover up, what is that, conspiracy after the fact?  I am tired of criminals getting away with what they do, and nothing is even attempted to address it.

With the facts coming to light regarding Harris, I get a feeling that in one or two weeks, Biden and the Democrat Party are going to kick themselves.  Maybe Willie Brown recommending to the Democrats that Harris consider AG versus VP was because he knew her history so well.