Author Topic: Five Seattle Teens Awarded Medals of Heroism  (Read 609 times)

rangerrebew

Five Seattle Teens Awarded Medals of Heroism
« on: August 11, 2020, 09:21:28 am »
Five Seattle Teens Awarded Medals of Heroism

Five teenagers in Auburn, Washington, have received the Sheriff’s Medal of Heroism after they intervened to protect a police officer from a violent attack. King County Sheriff Mitzi Johanknecht awarded the medals last week. Introduced to “honor community members who do extraordinary things,” this is only the second time is in its history that the honor has been awarded.

Darrell Swilley, 16; Isaiha Sansaver, 19; Dominic Sansaver, 19; Tyran Powell, 18; and Kai Tavares, 18 lept into action on July 18 to protect a lone police officer from being potentially fatally attacked by a drunk driver.

https://www.conservativecardinal.com/five-seattle-teens-awarded-medals-of-heroism/

rangerrebew

Re: Five Seattle Teens Awarded Medals of Heroism
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 09:23:51 am »
What a breath fresh air to see 5 young people step in and take the risk of helping the cops. It gives me some hope for America. :patriot:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 11:49:06 am »
Far from being a write-off, there are a lot of good kids in this generation. They are often desperate for mentoring, though. It is an opportunity for us old farts to listen to them, help them work out their problems, and teach them some lifelong skills they aren't getting at home.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 04:56:14 pm »
Moved from "Polls" to "National News."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 08:24:36 am »
What a breath fresh air to see 5 young people step in and take the risk of helping the cops. It gives me some hope for America. :patriot:

@rangerrebew

No kidding. I am hoping the city decides to sweeten the pot by maybe helping them with scholarship money or something similar.

I honestly can't remember the last time I read about this happening.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dancer

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 08:56:22 am »
I have read that Generation Alpha is solid.  Well done, young men.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 05:38:05 pm »
@rangerrebew

No kidding. I am hoping the city decides to sweeten the pot by maybe helping them with scholarship money or something similar.

I honestly can't remember the last time I read about this happening.
Actually, every Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue Squad in the US likely has a few examples of the very type of people you are looking for.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis