Author Topic: Chicago rocked by widespread looting caught on video after police-involved shooting  (Read 1086 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Videos circulating online show widespread looting and clashes with police across Chicago’s Magnificent Mile shopping district early Monday, sparked by an police-involved shooting hours earlier that left a young male wounded.

Social media users posted videos of hundreds of people looting stores such as Nordstrom, Walgreens, Macy's, Coach, Gucci and Louis Vuitton. Some exchanged gunfire with police at one point, although no officers were injured.

“Absolute chaos in downtown Chicago with more overnight looting and vandalism in the Loop,” tweeted Ryan Baker, an anchor for WBBM-TV. “Appears to be coordinated effort with minimal police presence.”

The Chicago Police Department did not immediately respond to an email from Fox News.

The unrest began Sunday afternoon, after police responded to a report of a man with a gun in the city’s Englewood neighborhood. While pursuing that individual on foot, he “turned and fired shots” at officers before being struck himself and taken to a local hospital, Deputy Chief Delonda Tally told Fox 32 Chicago. A crowd that had gathered at the scene then faced off against police and started hurling objects at officers after getting agitated over a false rumor that the suspect – who is in his late teens or early 20s – was a child, investigators add.

“We do have an officer that was maced by someone in the crowd,” Tally told Fox 32 Chicago. “We do have an officer that sustained a shoulder injury from the incident with the crowd. One of our vehicles, the windows were shattered by a brick.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/widespread-looting-reported-in-chicago-after-police-involved-shooting

Q:  Why are the grocery stores not being looted if AOC is correct in saying this is about poor people needing to be fed?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

But it was a peaceful protest ...
Chicago police return fire as looters hit Mag Mile, smashing windows and confronting officers
By Paige Fry and Jeremy Gorner
Chicago Tribune |
Aug 10, 2020 at 7:35 AM

Hundreds of people swept through the Magnificent Mile and other parts of downtown Chicago early Monday, smashing windows, looting stores, confronting police and at one point exchanging gunfire with officers, authorities said.

The officers had stopped several people on Lake Street near Michigan Avenue when shots were fired from a passing car around 4:30 a.m., nearly five hours into the widespread vandalism, according to police spokesman Tom Ahern. No officers were shot but a squad car was hit, he said. It was not known if anyone in the gunman’s car was shot.

Ahern said other officers were injured through the night. Earlier, an officer was seen slumped against a building by Grand and Wabash avenues as other other cops tended to him. It was unclear what had happened to him.  ...
Full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RetBobbyMI

Wonder who the looney mayor will blame this time?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline skeeter

Chicago raises bridges after night of violence and looting
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/chicago-raises-bridges-after-night-of-violence-and-looting

Too late for that - the Chanel purses and Nike Lebrons have already left the mall.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Too late for that - the Chanel purses and Nike Lebrons have already left the mall.

That is funny right there!  Thanks for the giggle! :beer:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

That is funny right there!  Thanks for the giggle! :beer:
:beer:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've said it before and I'll repeat:

The only way to end this is to use the U.S. military (or state National Guards under orders of DC).
Local/city/municipal/county police either can do nothing or WILL DO nothing (most likely ordered to stand down "from above").

Chicago's "Mayor Grut" isn't going to do anything. She can't go against her own constituency (the rioters).

Of course, the reply to my post will be, "Posse Comitatus".
Well... PC be damned (or ignored). When local/state authority refuses to act, the only "authority" left is "federal".
And remember, as written in the Preamble, the Constitution was implemented to "establish Justice, ensure domestic Tranquility". That says it pretty plainly.

Somebody's got to do it.
And we all know who that "somebody" is going to end up being.

I've said it before and I'll repeat:

The only way to end this is to use the U.S. military (or state National Guards under orders of DC).
Local/city/municipal/county police either can do nothing or WILL DO nothing (most likely ordered to stand down "from above").

Chicago's "Mayor Grut" isn't going to do anything. She can't go against her own constituency (the rioters).

Of course, the reply to my post will be, "Posse Comitatus".
Well... PC be damned (or ignored). When local/state authority refuses to act, the only "authority" left is "federal".
And remember, as written in the Preamble, the Constitution was implemented to "establish Justice, ensure domestic Tranquility". That says it pretty plainly.

Somebody's got to do it.
And we all know who that "somebody" is going to end up being.
Not the only way.

Once all have vacated the city and no one else is left to rob, the looting will end.

Don't need to call in the military for something no one cares about.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Chicago officials announced Monday morning that police would be placed on high alert, with 12-hour shifts and expanded patrols throughout the city after the Magnificent Mile downtown was attacked by organized looters overnight.

Mayor Lori Lightfoot stopped short, however, of calling for the National Guard, which had been used to protect the downtown area after an initial wave of riots in late May. There was no mention of federal law enforcement, either.

(Update: At a subsequent press conference, Lightfoot, standing alongside Governor J.B. Pritzker, said that “both of us believe this is not an incident that requires the National Guard. … We do not need federal troops in Chicago. Period. Full stop.” She added that President Donald Trump should help by enacting “common-sense gun control.” If Trump wanted to help, she said, he should not “rattle the saber” but rather enact gun control, which she said would provide “real safety.”)

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020/08/10/chicago-police-on-alert-but-no-national-guard-after-looters-ransack-downtown/
The Republic is lost.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
First it was O'Leary's cow and now it is Lightfoot's brain. or lack thereof that will burn Chicago down for a 2nd time.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Every time I see that woman I see her singing and dancing to the Banana Boat song...
Day-o, day-o
Daylight come and me wan' go home
Day, me say day, me say day, me say day
Me say day, me say day-o

Offline Mod1

Merged two threads on Chicago looting.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I wouldn't do anything. They are shitting in their own bed.
Once it is all gone, no one left to rob, nothing left to burn, it will stop.
And then the once Great International City of Chicago, becomes Detroit II.
None of this bothers me in the least.
Apparently, the mayor and the governor don't care, so why should I?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Every time I see that woman I see her singing and dancing to the Banana Boat song...
Day-o, day-o
Me say day, me say day-o
Or maybe just saying the name three times.

Chicago officials announced Monday morning that police would be placed on high alert, with 12-hour shifts and expanded patrols throughout the city after the Magnificent Mile downtown was attacked by organized looters overnight.

Mayor Lori Lightfoot stopped short, however, of calling for the National Guard, which had been used to protect the downtown area after an initial wave of riots in late May. There was no mention of federal law enforcement, either.

(Update: At a subsequent press conference, Lightfoot, standing alongside Governor J.B. Pritzker, said that “both of us believe this is not an incident that requires the National Guard. … We do not need federal troops in Chicago. Period. Full stop.” She added that President Donald Trump should help by enacting “common-sense gun control.” If Trump wanted to help, she said, he should not “rattle the saber” but rather enact gun control, which she said would provide “real safety.”)

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020/08/10/chicago-police-on-alert-but-no-national-guard-after-looters-ransack-downtown/
A real reporter should have asked the Mayor 'How does gun control prevent this type of looting?' and 'Does a criminal that loots and breaks the law going to pay attention to obtaining guns legally?'
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 08:51:25 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Wingnut

Or maybe just saying the name three times.

Lightfoot:
I'm offering you a full-time spectre

LYDIA:
Are you any good?

Lightfoot:
You bet'cha
Trust me, baby!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jesse Jackson: Chicago Riot ‘Humiliating… Our Martyrs Cry Together in Shame’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/10/jesse-jackson-chicago-riot-humiliating-our-martyrs-cry-together-in-shame/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Separated at birth...

Grut:

Mayor Grut:

Offline RetBobbyMI

Day-o, day-o
Me say day, me say day-o
I thought she looks more like a zombie from The Walking Dead, without a visit to the makeup trailer.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy