Author Topic: Joe Arpaio loses bid for his old position as sheriff  (Read 643 times)

Offline Applewood

Joe Arpaio loses bid for his old position as sheriff
« on: August 08, 2020, 12:43:51 pm »
Joe Arpaio loses bid for his old position as sheriff

Former Maricopa County, Ariz. Sheriff Joe Arpaio narrowly lost his campaign to get his old job back Friday, ending a nearly successful comeback for one of the state’s most polarizing figures.

Arpaio, who held the position from 1993-2017, lost the GOP primary for the job to 40-year department veteran and Arpaio aide Jerry Sheridan by just over 6,000 votes when the Maricopa County Elections Department called the race. The two contenders were separated just 1 percent, 37-36.

The loss marked Arpaio’s second defeat on his mission to return to politics. The former sheriff lost the GOP Senate primary in Arizona in 2018.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/511146-joe-arpaio-loses-bid-for-his-old-position-as-sheriff

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Joe Arpaio loses bid for his old position as sheriff
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 02:02:48 pm »
I liked Joe when he was the Sheriff, but I did not support this race (I no longer live/vote in the Peoples Republic of Maricopa).  He's 88 years old, and the Rats hate him so much he probably could not win in November against Penzone.

Arpaio's first task when he was elected was erecting Tent City, and Penzone's first task was tearing it down.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: