Author Topic: Jerry Falwell Jr. placed on indefinite leave  (Read 1281 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Jerry Falwell Jr. placed on indefinite leave
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2020, 08:21:47 pm »
I didn't like him at all,but I did get a sense that he was sincere in his beliefs,not a charlatan like all the others.
Jerry Sr. was an honest man, for the most part. His son Jonathan, who ended up inheriting Jerry Sr.'s church ministries, shares many of the same traits.

But Jerry Jr. is not like his father or brother, at least in that regard. It's not all that uncommon: the Bible is full of accounts of the children of devout men who went on to be corrupted. It's probably the strongest argument there is for Jesus not having direct descendants.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2020, 09:03:43 pm »
Falwell no longer worthy of Evangelical Community support
Somebody ask Erratic Jerry why he dumped Cruz for Trump.
Pool Boy Shenanigans? Investigate!

The below is a general statement about people.  Not about you or anyone on here.  I DON'T KNOW ANYONE ON HERE.

What is the pool boy question about?  I don't support Cruz myself.  Maybe some people get on board with supporting who is president...not someone who is NOT president. POTUS has proven his worth by his actions. www.magapill.com
Does volunteer work for America.  ZERO PAY TAKEN.  I see questions, like 'does POTUS DESERVE another term?".

The questions should be, " DOES AMERICA DESERVE ANOTHER TRUMP TERM? "

We are still in Queen Victoria times?  lol. Virtue signaling is some mental thing. 'better than thou".  Ha ha ha ha  Right. Aren't we all precious that way.  So innocent...never did anything, a bit naughty, in our lives.  Never.  No one ever got drunk underage?  No male ever tried to cop a feel in high school and later?  Anyone smoke?  Try weed? 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2020, 09:11:12 pm »
The woman in the picture is his wife’s “assistant” so by extension, she is his employee.

And FWIW, it was a “Trailer Park Boys” themed costume party on board a yacht said to be part of Falwell’s “vacation”. Falwell and the woman in the picture are dressed as characters from the show, he is “Julian”. And to make matters worse, that picture was taken in one of the bedrooms (staterooms) on the yacht. I am not saying that there was any hanky panky going on between the two of them but the optics are, how shall we say, not very good.

If you are not familiar with Trailer Park Boys, it is a very raunchy Canadian produced comedy/mockumentary available in the US on Netflix, about the residents of a trailer park in Nova Scotia most of whom are felons, criminals, scammers, drug dealers and addicts, prostitutes and assorted other lowlifes with lots of pot smoking and sex and gun play and copious use of the F-word. IIRC, either one of the episodes or the movie spin off holds the record for the most F words.  I won’t post the links here but if you go to YouTube and search “Trailer Park Boys” you’ll get the idea.

I am in no way a prude, I am not “religious” and enjoy some raunchy comedy and don’t shriek in terror over some profanity, nudity, but Trailer Park Boys was a bit too much even for me. Yea, of the few episodes I watched while staying at my nephew’s house, there were some “funny” moments but overall I found it deeply disturbing and depressing, sort of like watching episodes of “Cops” before the cops show up but played for “laughs”.

Here is the now deleted video of the “party” but saved on Vimeo because the worldwideinterwebs are forever.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/444300274

It isn’t just the picture which was in and of itself in bad taste, but also the whole Trailer Park Boys theme of the party. Keep in mind that the students at Liberty U are under a strict morals code and any student participating in such a party, dressing in such a manner, or even watching R rated movies or shows with profanity and or sexual content is or was until recently forbidden and behaving like Falwell did, would be grounds for demerits and probably counseling if not expulsion. 

FWIW, Falwell sounds as drunk as a Trailer Park Boy in this video of a call he made to a local radio station that was supposedly his apology.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K5DsA57acI

Thank you.  So THAT was the theme of the party.  I knew there was an explanation.  MEDIA IS NEVER TO BE TRUSTED....ABOUT ANYTHING.    PARTY ON A YACHT WITH A TRAILER TRASH THEME.   People having some fun.  THE HORROR!  No apology needed, only to JERRY JR.   More proof how nutty the LEFT have become.  That nutty DOUBLE STANDARD!  Hillary sucks out a childs brain and peels off her face, is not news worthy.  Young Pharaoh.  People don't want to know about that.  Better to point fingers at CHRISTIANS, letting their hair down for a change.  Ugh.

And if it were a HALLOWEEN PARTY....people wearing slutty things, THAT would have been ok.   

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 09:18:14 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2020, 09:22:27 pm »
And people wearing two piece bathing suits?  STRING BIKINI'S?   You see more, exposed body's on a beach.  Fat men in a speedo.

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING.....again.  I am a woman. That does NOT OFFEND ME.  It actually looks modest to me. I lived in Las Vegas FOR 46 YEARS....you should see what comes into grocery stores! 

Offline verga

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2020, 12:35:52 pm »
I can see this actually being innocent, and just a bad twitter choice to post.... I don't know anyone else that posts dumb Twitter posts though (/end sarcasm)

Funny to share with friends, but not the general public.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2020, 01:04:27 pm »
@sneakypete

True story....

Back in the late '70's my college dorm had drinking klatch club, where at midnight we would all take our bottles to the TV room and watch the PTL Club with Jim Bakker.   Our drinking game was based on alternating shots everytime Jim would say "praise Jesus",or  Glory, and 2 shots when Tammy Fay would start crying.

Then one night, he shouted out that he understood that College Kids were watching his show, and making fun.......   The placed roared in laughter.  Yeah, I know that is sacrilege, and shouldn't have done it.  But you are right.....   He and his ilk stood basically for everything wrong about Christianity
Same thing happened when Kiefer Sutherland said "D@MN IT" on 24. Got to the point where he would say it 3x in a row.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.