Author Topic: Licensed Guides at Gettysburg raise alarm of "major threat" to Civil War monuments  (Read 280 times)

rangerrebew

Licensed Guides at Gettysburg raise alarm of "major threat" to Civil War monuments

GETTYSBURG, Pa. — The Licensed Battlefield Guides at Gettysburg are raising the alarm over a recent vote in the U.S. House of Representatives that would remove Civil War monuments from federal parks nationwide.

The decision by the U.S. House would have all Confederate monuments, statues and "commemorative placards" removed from Gettysburg National Military Park.

“We urge the U.S. Senate to strip out this provision that would destroy the unequaled collection of monuments, Union and Confederate, that set Gettysburg apart as a great battlefield park and a top visitor destination,” said Les Fowler, president of the Association of Licensed Battlefield Guides.

https://local21news.com/news/local/licensed-guides-at-gettysburg-raise-alarm-of-major-threat-to-civil-war-monuments

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I am beyond words.....    9999hair out0000
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The US House no longer represents the citizens of the United States.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
You could see this one coming from months ago.
Cleansing Gettysburg of the Confederate monuments is the logical end of the removal of icons that represent (and celebrate) the old South...

Online mountaineer

I shudder to think of what might happen at all of the civil war battlefields - especially the "big" ones like Gettysburg, but all of them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

This is DOA.... It is time for pelosi to go back to whatever rock she crawled out from under..

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The US House no longer represents the citizens of the United States.

@Wingnut

I am a geezer,and sadly,I can't remember a time when it did.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@Wingnut

I am a geezer,and sadly,I can't remember a time when it did.

I am a huge Jimmy Stewart fan, and his Jefferson  Smith (Mr Smith)  role is one of my favorites.  IF there was any truth in the Capra narrative, politico low lifes en-masse at least extend back to the 1930's.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

We were planning to visit several battlefields in VA this year, but the virus has most places shut down. Maybe we still can go to Droop Mountain, where my ancestors fought. If there are any monuments there to southern soldiers, like my gr-gr-grandfathers, don't tell Pelosi.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 66minnie
We were planning to visit several battlefields in VA this year, but the virus has most places shut down. Maybe we still can go to Droop Mountain, where my ancestors fought. If there are any monuments there to southern soldiers, like my gr-gr-grandfathers, don't tell Pelosi.

@mountaineer

There used to be a couple of graveyards for black Confederate soldiers somewhere in the "Tidewater Virginia" area,but I can't remember which specific city now,and I suspect they were removed in the last couple of decades because they disproved the narrative about the war being about slavery.

Still,you might send a few emails to the cities in that area and ask them. Portsmouth would probably be  a waste of time because I THINK I read the city is being ran by "professional black victums" now. They probably wouldn't answer.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!