Author Topic: Republicans fear disaster in November  (Read 9980 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Republicans fear disaster in November
« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2020, 11:08:36 pm »
I simply don’t understand a senseless provocative post such as this. @Right_in_Virginia and I have not always agreed but she provides a ton of substance to consider. THAT brings value to a forum.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just talk about what's been said rather than who said it?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2020, 11:12:42 pm »
Oh, so that was "humor"...

I don't have a problem with humor. For humor to work it has to be funny. Not just snarky.
Someone else probably laughed.

And by the way re: snark, heal thyself.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 11:14:28 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2020, 11:13:21 pm »
Recently she said Roamer must be a stroke victim thinking it was clever and funny. No substance. Just personal attack.

I agree.  The snark and righteous attitude towards people certainly isn't appreciated and personal attacks against Briefers shouldn't  be allowed.  I thought that was one of the forum rules??

At any rate, I think she's vacated the building.

Back on topic; I think that Trump and the GOP are in deep trouble at the rate things are going.  No Trump rallies in the near future that I know of which was always a much needed boost to Trump's ego and to keep his voting base energized.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #178 on: August 07, 2020, 11:16:58 pm »
I am about all out of mushrooms. Because your dingbat party shut everything down...

@roamer_1

Not to worry! If your dream comes true and Trump loses,everything will be available to everyone,and it WILL ALL BE FREE TO GOOD COMRADES LIKE YOU!

Not only that,but it will never rain or snow on you again,and 18 year old lust-bunnies will be warm for your form,and offer you money to hump them!

Providing of course that your black master,Kunta 20 Mule Team Kinte Williams will let you have a day off.

Well,if you were still young enough to work in the fields 12 hours a day. People your age and my age will be more suitable for a VERY short service term at one of the "workers food factories" as ingredients.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #179 on: August 07, 2020, 11:18:36 pm »
You are dead on. But I'm sure the nation's problems look a lot different from a country porch with a view that hasn't changed for a millenium.

@skeeter

And a plan to run to the hills and hide when fighting breaks out.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #180 on: August 07, 2020, 11:20:15 pm »
LA's doing  The Tiiiiimeee.  Warp....   Again!!

In a $9T Dollar Dance off...    Wooo. Hooo!!!!

@catfish1957

BTW,Rocky Horror is one of my all-time favorite movies. I have my own copy,and watch it every Halloween.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #181 on: August 07, 2020, 11:21:45 pm »
@skeeter

And a plan to run to the hills and hide when fighting breaks out.
Heck that’s where I’m going!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #182 on: August 07, 2020, 11:27:08 pm »
Fear mongering bullshit.

FIRST: There is no conservatism at all under you guys either. And no return to American values, and certainly not small government.

So what YOU are saying is 'We are already there, so stop fighting it', basically.

Bullshit. Fear mongering bullshit.

Nah, nah. You guys SUCK and there needs to be a consequence for what y'all have done. Two of my friends THIS WEEK lost it all, both folded their tents forever, everything that they had is gone, to include retirement. One went from a lake house to a 80's single-wide in a hunting camp. y'all did that to him. Your Woohan shutdown destroyed them both, and to a large extent, their families.

@roamer_1

DEY'S VIC-TUMS! VIC-TUMS,AH TELLS YA!

Hit all bees Trumps falts! Eberting bees Trumps falts causen nobody iz sponsable fo demsefs!

Oh,WOE IZ ME!

So don't be fear mongering and finger pointing down the road... The sonsabiches RIGHT NOW is YOU.

Yeah,it's MY fault,his fault,and everybody's fault BUT your friends. Deys VIC-TUMS!

I am beginning to have a more complete understanding of why you hate Trump so much.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2020, 11:28:39 pm »
You are dead on. But I'm sure the nation's problems look a lot different from a country porch with a view that hasn't changed for a millenium.

@skeeter

Not to mention a plan to head deeper into the hills and hide in a hole in the ground.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #184 on: August 07, 2020, 11:30:50 pm »
Wouldn't it be nice if we could just talk about what's been said rather than who said it?

@Bigun, it would.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #185 on: August 07, 2020, 11:33:14 pm »
Exactly. Perspective is a sobering reality. Though for many years I made my home in the rural mountains of Northern California but now I live in Brooklyn, and so (your, and) my perspective might be a tad different from mountain dwellers of the northern United States.

@aligncare

YIKES!

Talk about "culture shock"!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #186 on: August 07, 2020, 11:37:44 pm »
It's not a slur at all.   Put on your Big Boy pants if you're going to defend your position.  Or shut the hell up.

You wear us out with your "Ain't my circus..." bullshit.  You wear it like some badge of honor... tsk, tsk, the irony.

@DCPatriot

The "Battle Cry" of every draft-dodger in history.

Offline DB

« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2020, 11:38:29 pm »
Someone else probably laughed.

And by the way re: snark, heal thyself.

When in the mist of snark I reply in kind.

I very rarely start it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2020, 11:38:49 pm »
Please try and curb the insults..if you can't please leave this thread, there are many other threads waiting for your comments.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2020, 11:46:37 pm »
@DCPatriot

I am a little more optimistic than some.

Biden will get his 40 to 45% Dem kool-aid drinkers that always vote Dem.

As far as the great unwashed, those middle-of -the-road undecided:

@GrouchoTex

Seems like they are always the ones that decide President elections,and NOBODY,probably not even them,know what they are going to do until they do it.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2020, 11:52:14 pm »
Please try and curb the insults..if you can't please leave this thread, there are many other threads waiting for your comments.

It's these multi-page threads.  By the 3rd or 4th page, the original topic is forgotten and the wizzing matches start. 

That and perhaps some people get nasty after their 2nd or 3rd bottle of their favorite adult beverage.

Offline DB

« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2020, 11:54:22 pm »
Back on topic; I think that Trump and the GOP are in deep trouble at the rate things are going.  No Trump rallies in the near future that I know of which was always a much needed boost to Trump's ego and to keep his voting base energized.

I have a different take.

I think the Democrats have managed to make this election all about them and not Trump. So if Trump can avoid doing something stupid - again - all the focus is on what the Dems are doing across the country.
  • Supporting rioters while crushing peoples businesses and freedom to move about.
  • Telling all whites they are racist whether they know it or not.
  • Pushing to defund the police while crime is sky rocketing.
  • Letting prisoners out of prison to "protect them against covid" resulting in more murder and mayhem of innocence.
  • Pushing for Marxist "equality" while making some people more equal than others.
  • Increasing taxes to cover for the shortfalls that they themselves caused.
We'll have to wait until the election to know what the truth is. But that is my take.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2020, 11:56:32 pm »
There’re other security related policies being implemented now the media are almost entirely uninterested in covering. For example, the administration is kicking China’s ass right now. After decades of watching Bush, Clinton, bush and Obama bend over for the Chicoms while they and their cronies got rich this feels like blessed relief.

If Biden wins in November China is right back in business.

@skeeter

Very true in the eyes of both the right and the left,but,as usual,the Big Winner is going to be decided by the "I pay attention to politics for at least 30 days every 4 years!" voters,and NOBODY knows what the hell they are going to do. Not even them.

I do THINK all this rioting by the left is going to have a BIG impact on those voters,though. They tend to be the middle-class voters with blue collar jobs,children,and mortgages,so I honestly don't see how the Dims can get their votes the way things have been going. In the past,they have always PRETENDED to be "proud Americans!",and now they are flat coming out as anti-American globalists.

I am thinking Steve and Susis Sixpak ain't going to be all that happy with them.

BUT.....,as I said above,nobody ever really knows that the hell those people are going to do until after they have done it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #193 on: August 07, 2020, 11:58:00 pm »
Hence the virus!

@Bigun

Yup,and I thank you for the reminder!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2020, 12:05:42 am »
I have a different take.

I think the Democrats have managed to make this election all about them and not Trump. So if Trump can avoid doing something stupid - again - all the focus is on what the Dems are doing across the country.
  • Supporting rioters while crushing peoples businesses and freedom to move about.
  • Telling all whites they are racist whether they know it or not.
  • Pushing to defund the police while crime is sky rocketing.
  • Letting prisoners out of prison to "protect them against covid" resulting in more murder and mayhem of innocence.
  • Pushing for Marxist "equality" while making some people more equal than others.
  • Increasing taxes to cover for the shortfalls that they themselves caused.
We'll have to wait until the election to know what the truth is. But that is my take.

You and I realize their faults, but keep in mind that perspective isn't being reported by the MSM; quite the opposite.  That's been a huge part of the problem for a very long time.  What we believe to be true and what they report are two different things; CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, MSN, MSNBC....all report the issues at hand to be the fault of Trump and the GOP.

For a very long time the MSM didn't report the violence that was happening around the country.  It wasn't until the Feds started to go in that it was being reported and then the reports were that the Feds and Trump were in the wrong.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2020, 12:08:37 am »
Check her posting history.  Seems every other post is an insult at someone who may something less than favorable or objective about Trump. Today,  she accuses me of planning a celebration of a Trump loss in an insulting manner,
though I have been adamant that I support him.   True,  I may not be immune from throwing tart barbs either, but at least I try not to make a habit of it.

@catfish1957

There is no such creature as a "perfect person" (with me being the possible exception!),never mind a perfect President/politician,and there is nothing wrong with criticizing any of them if you think they are wrong about something.

But some childish people here take it too far,and keep insisting they will never vote for him because NOTHING he does is ever right.

Truth to tell,I don't PERSONALLY like Trump any more than you do. Maybe not even as much. The thing is MY PERSONAL like or dislike of him has NOTHING to do with "Who do I want to be President in 2021?".

In an imperfect world,you pick the one candidate of the two most likely to win,support that candidate,and do your damndest to make them change their POV of the issues you disagree with them on. You do NOT surrender the field to the candidate you would like to set on fire to watch him run across it because the guy you SHOULD support is not as "perfect" as you want him or her to be.

The truth is we all live in the real world,whether we want to or not,and we need to make plans to do whatever we can do to make it more to our liking. You don't do this by having a hissy-fit and voting for your 3rd grade teacher as a protest vote.

Offline DB

« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2020, 12:09:10 am »
You and I realize their faults, but keep in mind that perspective isn't being reported by the MSM; quite the opposite.  That's been a huge part of the problem for a very long time.  What we believe to be true and what they report are two different things; CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, MSN, MSNBC....all report the issues at hand to be the fault of Trump and the GOP.

For a very long time the MSM didn't report the violence that was happening around the country.  It wasn't until the Feds started to go in that it was being reported and then the reports were that the Feds and Trump were in the wrong.

We'll see. I still have some faith that most people are smart enough not to buy what the media is selling. Also, a lot of people have had first hand experience with these rioters and with their businesses/shopping sources being destroyed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2020, 12:12:37 am »
Theres always truth in what he says, however awkwardly he says it.

@skeeter

He really is a lousy speaker. Probably comes from his life-long strategy of getting his opponent so pissed and frustrated they lose their cool and screw up and leave him holding the pot of gold.

The good news here is it seems like nobody has the ability to really get him mad. He seems to see the insults as part of a negotiating strategy similar to his,and just ignores them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #198 on: August 08, 2020, 12:14:08 am »
Considering Limbaugh is adding to the cryptic nature of this mystery.  Plus what I mentioned earlier about Guliani, I think there is some merit behind it. If we had an office pool, I'd put a few bucks on the Clinton Foundation as focal point of interest.

@catfish1957

It would be hard to find a deeper or darker pool to fish in.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #199 on: August 08, 2020, 12:16:36 am »
Wouldnt it be cool if we sprung an October Surprise of our own for a change.

@skeeter

Well,I have heard all my life that "There is a first time for everything",so I guess it is possible.

IF Trump does have something he can pull out of his hat at the last minute to get the Dims and RINO's running for their political lives,it will be the Save of the Century!