Author Topic: New York City loses hundreds of billions in wealth as rich residents skip town  (Read 2883 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/01/29/dan-patrick-conservative-activists-disconnect/

Jerry Patterson was once one of the good guys but has now gone to the dark side.  I would not vote for him again for anything and he is a friend of mine on FB.  We frequently cross paths.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The next-best thing is to bottle them up in places like Austin, SA or Houston.  That way they don't dilute the votes of the Good People.
But they can still contribute to getting more killed

Austin, Fort Worth, San Antonio in Top 4 Most-Populated U.S. Cities with Highest Increase in Homicide Rate
https://thetexan.news/austin-fort-worth-san-antonio-in-top-4-most-populated-u-s-cities-with-highest-increase-in-homicide-rate/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=More+Than+50+Murder+Cases+In+Harris+County+Involve+Suspects+Out+on+Felony+Bond%2C+Says+Victim+s+Advocate&utm_campaign=Daily+Roundup+-+RSS+Campaign
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

I had to look up the name thing....I've never heard that.  I supposed it makes sense that he changed his name since he was a broadcaster.

I like Abbott and Patrick, since neither has really hurt us.
Then you enjoy Abbott's continued, unconstitutional restrictions on businesses and wearing masks by EO rather than by the legislature enacting a law?

That is acting like a dictator and killing a lot of businesses that create value for this state.

All in the name of keeping a virus from spreading among the general populace which is impossible.

No virus in the history of man has ever been controlled by restricting healthy people from working.

It is controlled by locking down sick people and those with most potential to be hurt, like elderly and unhealthy.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idiot

Then you enjoy Abbott's continued, unconstitutional restrictions on businesses and wearing masks by EO rather than by the legislature enacting a law?

That is acting like a dictator and killing a lot of businesses that create value for this state.

All in the name of keeping a virus from spreading among the general populace which is impossible.

No virus in the history of man has ever been controlled by restricting healthy people from working.

It is controlled by locking down sick people and those with most potential to be hurt, like elderly and unhealthy.
I take care of my 90 yr old mom, so yes I wear a mask.  Abbott is just doing what he thinks is right.  Nothing more nothing less.

I take care of my 90 yr old mom, so yes I wear a mask.  Abbott is just doing what he thinks is right.  Nothing more nothing less.
I also have a 90 year old mother in a nursing home and wear a mask when I see her.

Both 90 year olds are vulnerable.

That is NOT what Abbott is doing.

He has used authoritarian powers to tell EVERYBODY to wear a mask, whether 20 or 90, whether healthy or unhealthy.

Never in the history of the world has there been a disease treated by isolating healthy people.  One isolates the sick or the vulnerable.

Abbott has stepped too far in his quest for power or his ignorance of this virus.

A governor always has emergency powers, and he executed it.

Since over a month has gone by, his authority has evaporated under the Constitution and he needs legislative authority to continue the charade that a mask is good for Texas and Texans.

I also blame the legislature for not passing a law to support this after 30 days.

See Sec. 418.014

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/GV/htm/GV.418.htm

@mrpotatohead

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I also have a 90 year old mother in a nursing home and wear a mask when I see her.

Both 90 year olds are vulnerable.

That is NOT what Abbott is doing.

He has used authoritarian powers to tell EVERYBODY to wear a mask, whether 20 or 90, whether healthy or unhealthy.

Never in the history of the world has there been a disease treated by isolating healthy people.  One isolates the sick or the vulnerable.

Abbott has stepped too far in his quest for power or his ignorance of this virus.

A governor always has emergency powers, and he executed it.

Since over a month has gone by, his authority has evaporated under the Constitution and he needs legislative authority to continue the charade that a mask is good for Texas and Texans.

I also blame the legislature for not passing a law to support this after 30 days.

See Sec. 418.014

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/GV/htm/GV.418.htm

@mrpotatohead

IMHO Abbott has committed political suicide although I doubt he realizes it yet.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

Is this the Texas forum?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Hoodat

Every forum is the Texas forum.  And your job is to mess with Texas.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

And now back to the topic at hand.

New York sucks.  Fugetaboutit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

And now back to the topic at hand.

New York sucks.  Fugetaboutit.
LOLOLOLOL

I don't think Abbott has committed political suicide.  The voters memory is VERY SHORT.  He has another couple of years to go.  He'll be fine.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
LOLOLOLOL

I don't think Abbott has committed political suicide.  The voters memory is VERY SHORT.  He has another couple of years to go.  He'll be fine.

Plenty forgot about his typical excellent conservative credentials.  Some see empathy as weakness, if used correctly can be a powerful political tool.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LegalAmerican

THANK YOU.  Communists always do things BACKWARDS....insane beliefs.   888high58888