Author Topic: Navy corrects record on its erroneous news story garnering former sailor harassing messages  (Read 192 times)

rangerrebew

Navy corrects record on its erroneous news story garnering former sailor harassing messages
Howard Altman

Alize Acevedo thought she was doing a good deed last year when she helped a fellow sailor who was badly intoxicated during a San Diego shore leave.

But that good deed did not go unpunished. And seven months after leaving the Navy, Acevedo is still the target of online harassment thanks to an erroneous Navy news story about the incident.

In a story about a Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal she received in November for helping that sailor, the Navy wrote that Acevedo received the medal for “turning over a Sailor who was underage drinking.” The story quoted her as saying, “I felt great knowing that I helped my command, and hopefully the Sailor, by turning them over to the authorities...I loved the fact that I received an award that will help me promote for it.”

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2020/08/04/navy-corrects-record-on-its-erroneous-news-story-garnering-former-sailor-harassing-messages/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 10:56:26 am by rangerrebew »