Author Topic: Lawsuit Claims Cost of Protest Gear Violates Seattle Protesters’ Civil Rights  (Read 306 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nate Church 4 Aug 2020

A lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court in Seattle alleges that would-be protesters are prevented from demonstrating by the cost of protecting themselves from police.

Jessica Benton, Shelby Bryant, Anne Marie Cavanaugh, Alyssa Garrison, and Clare Thomas are suing the city of Seattle, claiming they were victims of “indiscriminate” police violence during June 25 protests on Capitol Hill. According to the suit, such response necessitates protective gear while demonstrating — items such as “helmets, gas masks, protective clothing, goggles, gloves, boots, umbrellas and other gear” they claim are prohibitively expensive.

“Because protesters now must purchase expensive equipment to be assured that they will be able to protest safely, the indiscriminate use of weapons by SPD implicates equal protection,” the lawsuit, assigned to Chief Judge Ricardo Martinez, reads. It seeks a temporary restraining order prohibiting the police from using force or crowd-dispersal munitions, in addition to a similar injunction by Judge Richard Jones, already in place.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/04/lawsuit-claims-cost-of-protest-gear-violates-seattle-protesters-civil-rights/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Next they'll be demanding a 5.56 cash allowance, so they can keep their 30-round Mags full.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Next they'll be demanding a 5.56 cash allowance, so they can keep their 30-round Mags full.

Wait...what?  where did I miss the part about a ban on large capacity Mags? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wait...what?  where did I miss the part about a ban on large capacity Mags?

Capacity limits don't apply to Antifa.  You big silly. :tongue2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Capacity limits don't apply to Antifa.  You big silly. :tongue2:

My bad....whatever was a white privileged boy thinking?   :pondering:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

When I was a young man, my father advised me that if you can't drink from the top shelf, maybe you shouldn't drink. Using the same logic. If you can't afford the protective gear, maybe you shouldn't be out protesting rioting, looting, and vandalizing.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

Rioters have no right of self-defense against police.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.