Author Topic: The Guardian: America faces an epic choice  (Read 419 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

The Guardian: America faces an epic choice
« on: August 05, 2020, 03:55:40 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/05/beirut-blast-what-we-know-so-far

I was reading news reports of the blast in Beirut when I came across this at the bottom of the page:

America faces an epic choice ...
... in the coming months, and the results will define the country for a generation. These are perilous times. Over the last three years, much of what the Guardian holds dear has been threatened – democracy, civility, truth.

The country is at a crossroads. Science is in a battle with conjecture and instinct to determine policy in the middle of a pandemic. At the same time, the US is reckoning with centuries of racial injustice – as the White House stokes division along racial lines. At a time like this, an independent news organisation that fights for truth and holds power to account is not just optional. It is essential.

Like many news organizations, the Guardian has been significantly impacted by the pandemic. We rely to an ever greater extent on our readers, both for the moral force to continue doing journalism at a time like this and for the financial strength to facilitate that reporting.

You’ve read more than 5 articles in the last nine months. We believe every one of us deserves equal access to fact-based news and analysis. We’ve decided to keep Guardian journalism free for all readers, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay. This is made possible thanks to the support we receive from readers across America in all 50 states.

As our business model comes under even greater pressure, we’d love your help so that we can carry on our essential work. If you can, support the Guardian from as little as $1 – and it only takes a minute. Thank you.

Objectivity in the media.  What a crock.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: The Guardian: America faces an epic choice
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 03:56:17 pm »
Mods... perhaps this is parked in the wrong category?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 04:30:47 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/05/beirut-blast-what-we-know-so-far

I was reading news reports of the blast in Beirut when I came across this at the bottom of the page:

Objectivity in the media.  What a crock.

I could care less what the Guardian says, but I want to hear what Tim Pool, Mike Cernovich and Scott Adams have to say.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 04:38:35 pm »
The Guardian can take their "Democracy" and shove it up their tailpipe! 

Democracy as a form of government  :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 07:50:20 pm »
The (formerly Manchester) Guardian is as non-partisan as I am. I'm just honest about it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.