Author Topic: Army vet finds peace fostering pets, finding them homes  (Read 250 times)

rangerrebew

Army vet finds peace fostering pets, finding them homes
« on: August 05, 2020, 02:28:16 pm »
Army vet finds peace fostering pets, finding them homes
Dan Gigler, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via the AP

PITTSBURGH — When he was 18, Omar Brooks left home in Canonsburg to enlist in the Army. His training took him to Fort Stewart in Georgia, where every morning after reveille at 0630, the soldiers of the 3rd Infantry Division sang “Dogface Soldier” — a World War II paean to the grit of the grunts.

“... I’m just a dogface soldier, with a rifle on my shoulder, and I eat raw meat for breakfast every day ...”

The 3rd Division was among the first wave of ground forces to invade Iraq from Kuwait, and Brooks was the first from his platoon to drive across the border in a vehicle armed with eight missiles and a .50-caliber machine gun. He dodged bullets and lost friends and struggled with post-traumatic stress disorder after leaving the service in 2003.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2020/08/03/army-vet-finds-peace-fostering-pets-finding-them-homes/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Army vet finds peace fostering pets, finding them homes
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 03:52:13 pm »
“Without sounding like a softie, there is something to be said about puppy kisses and seeing unconditional love in a time where people need to see more unconditional love,” he said.

Amen,brother man,amen!

Maybe the wisest words of wisdom I have ever heard was "Try to live you life like you ARE the man your dog thinks you are."

Anybody that does that is going to live a peaceful and happy life.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!