Author Topic: Trump on coronavirus death toll: 'It is what it is'  (Read 1452 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Trump on coronavirus death toll: 'It is what it is'
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2020, 07:09:00 pm »
Nope...  It reeks of flippant.  "It is what it is" infers an attitude of minimizing past impacts. It shows a lack of empathy for others.  Think about it, what if an MD told you "it is what it is" after losing a loved one.  Trump's not an MD, but your lack of putting this comment in proper perspective is troubling.   I guess some can justify basically anything Trump says.

Wrong on everything.  After being asked so many IGNORANT questions...over & over & over again, by NON-RIGHTS.  The same question...over & over & over again....POTUS SAID. IT IS WHAT IT IS.  How can that be an 'issue'?   Boggles my mind. Yes. TDS. TRUMP ENVY. Easy to see.  Many have that. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2020, 08:04:20 pm »
Going to ask:

How would we react if we replaced the name "Trump" with the name "Biden" in the headline?

With all this hand-wringing and stomping of feet, I think it is a legitimate question....

I think we would be roasting Biden for not understanding the plight, being out of touch, etc., etc.,

My own opinion is that it isn't the worst thing he could have said, it is brutally honest, but not the best choice of words, and it will by drummed up be the left to be used against him.
He set himself up for grief he didn't need, but not for the first time.

So be it.

It is what it is.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 08:12:33 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2020, 10:46:10 pm »
Going to ask:

How would we react if we replaced the name "Trump" with the name "Biden" in the headline?

With all this hand-wringing and stomping of feet, I think it is a legitimate question....

I think we would be roasting Biden for not understanding the plight, being out of touch, etc., etc.,

My own opinion is that it isn't the worst thing he could have said, it is brutally honest, but not the best choice of words, and it will by drummed up be the left to be used against him.
He set himself up for grief he didn't need, but not for the first time.

So be it.

It is what it is.

Well put.  unfiltered thought often picks the wrong word.  Honestly, I don't think Trump is flippant, just chooses the wrong words.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2020, 11:08:50 pm »
Wrong on everything.  After being asked so many IGNORANT questions...over & over & over again, by NON-RIGHTS.  The same question...over & over & over again....POTUS SAID. IT IS WHAT IT IS.  How can that be an 'issue'?   Boggles my mind. Yes. TDS. TRUMP ENVY. Easy to see.  Many have that. 

Honestly, many of us support Trump, as I do.  And I do not think deep down he is flippant on the matter.  But that is just me (us).  You have to realize, it is not us that Trump has to convince for voting.  It is the middle 15- 30% of moderates who are truly undecided on who to vote for this November  Coming across without empathy, even erroneously, does not help Trump the candidate. You are letting your Trump lust cloud your judgement if you don't understand that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2020, 11:24:07 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

PELOSI WRONG & LYING....AGAIN.

stop peddling lies for CCP 🇨🇳—- WAPO CONFESSED to lying about “hoax”. “My apologies for quoting the president out of context. As The Washington Post’s Fact Checker makes clear, he called Democrats politicizing coronavirus a hoax. I have deleted the incorrect tweet. - Amanda Phillips WAPO reporter ( Twitter 22/March).

"There's no reason for measures that unnecessarily interfere with international travel" -- Dr. Tedros - WHO. February 3rd
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 11:30:47 pm by LegalAmerican »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2020, 11:30:03 pm »
He has the basic opinion I do of it. I don't think there's much more Trump could be doing frankly, without completely killing the economy. The flu kills lots of people each year too.

Do you want to live your life in fear of a mysterious virus? No thanks.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2020, 11:39:20 pm »
'It is what it is' or as we say out here, it do be do be do.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2020, 11:43:42 pm »
He has the basic opinion I do of it. I don't think there's much more Trump could be doing frankly, without completely killing the economy. The flu kills lots of people each year too.

Do you want to live your life in fear of a mysterious virus? No thanks.

Correct. We still have all the OLD FLU'S,  SARS, SWINE, Spanish, Enterovirus. We still have people who get heart attacks, strokes, die of cancer, diabetes, COPD,  even get murdered....yet,  they ALL DIE OF COVID.  Amazing.  COVID CURED ALL OTHER DISEASES.  HEALTH ISSUES.  PEOPLE ONLY DIE OF COVID NOW.   (sarcasm)

I read one million and 500 thousand people died of diabetes. It is still, a small number, of those who pass from COVID. In hind sight, I believe I had it twice. I do use all kind of products to keep my immune system strong. I just kept doing my house work.  I had about 99 degree temp.  Nothing else.  I stayed home, till fever gone.  5 days. Fever was only, late in the afternoon, not during the day. Weird.